Chapter 20

Banner, Rocket, and I were in the back of a truck, we had made it to New Asguard. It was pretty. We drove down to the docks and got out.

"Kind of a step down from a golden palace and magic hammers and what not," Rocket said.

"Hey, have a little compassion, pal. First, they've lost Asgard, then half the people. They're probably just happy to have a home," Bruce said, I nodded.

"You shouldn't have come!" A woman yelled from behind us, she was very pretty.

"Ah, Valkyrie! Great to see you, Angry Girl," We walked over to her, who was she and how the hell did Bruce know her.

"I think I liked you better either of the other ways," Valkyrie said about Bruce.

"This is Rocket," Bruce said motioning to Rocket.

"How you doin'?" Rocket waved.

"And this is Aj,"

"Hi," I said. I put my hand out to shake Valkyrie's hand instead she kissed it and looked at me in a bit of a flirty way. I blushed.

"He won't see you," Valkyrie said about Thor.

"That bad, huh?" Banner asked.

"We only see him once a month, when he comes for," Valkyrie paused and looked over at bit barrels of beer, "supplies."

"It's that bad," Banner said.

"Yeah," Valkyrie said. We made our way over to Thor's house. Rocket knocked on the door a few times before deciding to just walk through the door. It smelled awful.

"What the... Woo! Something died in here," Rocket said.

"Hello? Thor?" Banner called.

"Are you here about the cable?" Thor asked.

"The Cinemax ran out about two weeks ago, and the sports were all kind of fuzzy," Thor said We followed his voice and went to the sitting room, Thor looked different, very very different.

"Thor?" Banner asked.

"BOYS! AJ!" Thor said when he saw us, "Oh my God! Its so to see you!" Thor hugged Banner and I then tried to hug Rocket saying, "Come here, you little rascal!"

"No, I'm good. I'm good. That's not necessary," Rocket said.

"Hulk, you know my friends, Miek, Korg, right?" Thor motioned to a rock guy and some other rollypoley-looking guy, they were playing Fortnite.

"Hey everyone!" the Rock said.

"Hey guys, long time no see," Banner said, he must know like everyone.

"Beer's on the bucket. Feel free to log on to the Wi-Fi. No password, obviously. Thor, he's back. The kid on the TV that called me a dickhead again," Rock guy pointed at the screen.

"NoobMaster," Thor said walking to the couch.

"Yeah, NoobMaster69 called me a dickhead," I couldn't hold in my laughter at that statement. Bruce looked over at me to shut me up. Thor took Rock guy's headphones.

"NoobMaster. Hey, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder? Listen, buddy. If you don't log off this game immediately, I'm gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR BUTT! Oh, that's right, go cry to your father, you little weasel!" We all looked at each other at a loss for words.

"Thank you, Thor," Rock guy said.

" Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?" Thor said

"Thank you very much. I will," Rock guy responded.

"So you guys want a drink? What are you drinking? We have beer, tequila, all sorts of things," Thor used his ax to open a bottle of beer and starts drinking.

"I'll have a beer," I said. Bruce and Rocket bot looked disapprovingly at me Thor threw a beer at me and I caught it, Banner and Rocket still looked at me,

"What?" I asked, "I'm going to need this to get through whatever the hell this is." Bruce walked to Thor and placed a hand on Thor's shoulder.

"Buddy, you all right?" Banner asked.

"Yes, I'm fine! Why, don't I look all right?" Thor asked.

"You look like melted ice cream," Rocket said. Thor laughed.

"So, what's up? You here to hang or what?" Thor asked.

"We need your help. There might be a chance we could fix everything," Banner asked.

"What, like the cable?" Thor burped. "Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks."

"Like Thanos." Banner said. Thor paused and looked down, his smile disappeared. He put a shaky hand on Bruce's shoulder and pointed at him.

"Don't say that name," Thor said. Rock guy stood up and took off his headphones.

"Um, yeah. We don't actually say that name in here," he said.

"What is he Voldemort?" I said.

"Please take your hand off me." Banner said, "Now, I know that guy might scare you."

"Why would I be? Why would, why would I be scared of that guy?" Thor asked, "I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else here killed that guy? Nope. Didn't think so. Korg, why don't you, tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off."

"Umm... Stormbreaker?" Korg reluctantly said.

"Now, who's swingin' Stormbreaker?" Thor asked.

"I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay? I've been there myself. You wanna know who helped me out of it?"

"I don't know. Is it... Natasha?" Thor sloppy said.

"It was you. You helped me," Banner said. Thor walked and looked out the window he pointed while still holding his beer, "Why don't you ask the Asgardians down there, how much my help was worth." He dropped onto the sofa, "The ones that are left, anyway." I hated seeing Thor that way he was hurting a lot.

"I think we can bring them back." Banner said

"Stop. stop, okay?" Thor opened a packet of M&Ms, "I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity, waiting to be rescued and saved. But I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?"

"Nah, all good here, mate."

"So, whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care, couldn't care less. Goodbye." Rocket, Bruce, and I all looked at each other, I stepped up and sat next to Thor.

"Hey," I said,

"Hey Lady Aj," he said back.

"Thor, look," I started, "I know your not fine, I know you still think about what happened when we lost half of everyone every day, I know you still think that it's all your fault, that we failed because of you, which may I add is ridiculous because group effort. Anyway, We have a plan, a chance, a chance to undo everything, to bring everyone back, and I say if we have that chance we should do anything we can to make it happen, and you'd be missing out on a lot if you know we get everyone back and you're here." Thor smiled at me and gave me a hug, "Oh, and if it helps we have beer on the ship," Thor's smile got wider,

"I'm in," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------

Words: 1111