~ 𝘊𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 ~

- Chapter 15 - Charlie Morris -
Warnings: mentions of abuse, the Refuge
Third Person POV

The World Newspaper
Parents Arrested for Abusing their Child with Polio

By: J.B. Barrington

On Tuesday, Fredrick and Lucille Morris were arrested on charges of child abuse and child neglect.

Their child, Charlie Morris, was found when police went to the Morris' home after neighbors notified them of screaming coming from the household.

Charlie was covered in bruises and burns, and was taken to the hospital, while his parents were taken to jail to await a trial.

Most of the abuse Charlie suffered was caused by his father, who police have explained has serious temper issues. Charlie's mother, Lucille, didn't hate him, unlike his father, but she didn't care for him, so she just let Fredrick do what he liked.

Charlie's injuries were extremely moderate, other than his right leg, which was bent in a way that made it look broken when he was found.

After examining his leg, doctors diagnosed Charlie with polio. Doctors have yet to say if it is a severe threat to Charlie's life or if it is currently just staying in his leg.

Due to having no other family members alive, Charlie will be taken to the Refuge after he is released from the hospitals.

As for Mr. and Mrs. Morris, their trial is on September 13th, and after which, they will most likely be taken to prison.

(290 Words)
This is such a crappy chapter haha. I tried doing research on Polio, and I didn't understand much (because my brain is tired), so tell me if something is wrong and I'll fix it.

Also, Crutchie's age in the book (for all of the current-day chapters and not the newspaper chapter) is 16.