Chapter 9 - Training

(Chapter ix)

Your POV

"Alright the All Japan finals are coming up, between then and now everyone need to be giving it all they got in preparation for the tournament." The caption said.

You nodded, as you headed to diving platform to swim. Kenma walking beside you.

"How you feeling?!" Kenma asked.

"Better, I guess." You said.

It's been three weeks since all the drama between you and Rin. You wanted to push it all away for the time being and focus on the All Japan Finals. You would be competing in the 100m Backstroke.

You stood in the water as you grabbed onto platform as the caption blew the whistle and you arched your back and started swimming. As you reached the turn you kickedof the wall increasing your speed as you headed back to the otherside. You touched the wall and leaped out gasping for air.

"59.67.06." The caption called out.

Your eyes widened as you realized your times were increasing. You hopped out the water, as the caption came over to you.

"Y/n, is everything alright? I've been noticing your times haven't been rather improving but increasing." The caption explained.

"I know. I've just been having alot of things of my mind. But, I'm trying to focus more on swimming for the time being." You said.

"You got alot of work todo between now and then if you are trying to win the all Japan for Backstroke." The caption said.

Timeskip

Practice had just ended, and you walking out of the sport complex with Kenma.

"So, How you feeling about the All Japan?" Kenma asked.

"Rough, to be honest. My times are increasing and I'm worried I'm gonna lose my race." You said, as Kenma slapped your back.

"Chill. It'll all come back soon. Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll be fine." She said.

"Thanks. That's something I really need to hear." You said.

"Anyway, isn't High school Nationals happening soon?" Kenma asked.

"Oh yeah. I should ask Gou how Iwatobi's doing?! I've heard Rei and Nagisa made it to Nationals in breaststroke and Butterfly." You explained.

"Same. A few of my old teammates made it to the Nationals as well. I'm probably gonna go and cheer them on, how about you?!" Kenma asked.

"Totally. Hopefully, I get back to my old self by then." You said.

Soon You and Kenma separated, and you headed to your apartment, while Kenma headed to her dorm on campus.

Later that Night

You were eating dinner when you got a call from Gou. You picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey Gou." You said.

"Y/n! Hey. How you been?!" Gou asked all cheery.

"Good. How's Iwatobi?!" You asked.

"Great. We'll be coming down to Tokyo soon for Nationals. I can't wait to see you again!" Gou said excitedly.

"Yeah, same. See you soon." You said.

The phone hung up and you continued to eat your dinner. Then you took a shower and headed off to bed.

Following Day

"56. 34. 03." Kenma called out.

You hopped out of the pool as Kenma walked over to you to hand you a towel. You immediately took it and wiped your face, and put it on your shoulders. You took a seat on the bleachers to give yourself a little breather.

"Thanks Kenma for helping me time myself." You said.

"No probs. I mean I rather beat you at all Japan at your full potential anyway, so it's a win-win for me." Kenma said as she shuddered her shoulders abit.

"I think you mean lose." You remarked back at Kenma.

"Nope I plan on taking this race." Kenma annouced with pure confidence.

"We'll see." You said, as you got back up and threw your towel on the bleachers, and headed back to your diving platforms. Kenma got the stopwatch ready.

"On your mark, get set.... Go!"

Timeskip

You and Kenma walked out of the pool complex. The two of you decided to go get some food before heading back home for the night.

The two of you arrived at the small little Cafe and you walked inside. The two of you immediately ordered and went to sit down.

"I'm down to 55.23.10, afew more days of practice, and I think I'll be ready for the All-Japan invitational." You said.

"Yeah, keep it up. So are you finally moving in from Rin?!" Kenma asked.

"Eh. I guess alittle." You said unsure.

"Well, I'm glad to see you looking better than you were." Kenma said.

Soon your food came out, and the two of you ate. You chatted throughout your meal, and after the two of you headed home. You walked on the sidewalk with Kenma when you got a call.

You grabbed your phone to see the ID, "Butterfly Boy" appear. You smiled as you answered the phone.

"Hey Butterfly boy!" You cooed happily with a smile.

"Still with the nickname huh, Y/n?" Sosuke said through the phone.

"Yep. Why did you call?" You asked in a happy mood.

"Can you meet me in Tokyo tomorrow at noon?!" He asked.

You took a long thought, thinking if you were busy tomorrow, or had any classes during that time.

"Sure. Why?!" You asked curiously.

"No reason. Just come please." Sosuke said.

"Okay. See you then." You said.

"Bye." Sosuke said, and ended the call.

You put your phone in your pocket and looked over at Kenma.

"So what was that about?" She asked.

"Sosuke wants me to meet him in Tokyo tomorrow." You explained.

"Ooh~ Another date?!" Kenma implied.

"I don't think so." You said.

"Let me know all the details after you come back alright." Kenma said.

"Of course." You said.

Soon You and Kenma walked passed the school, and Kenma separated as she made her way to her dormitory. You said your goodbyes, and made your way home for the night.

You took a nice warm shower and through your pjamas on as you jumped into your bed. You closed your eyes as you fell into a restful slumper.

I wonder what tomorrow holds for me...