💩 my life

Cough cough
I choke on the pain of yesterday's incident.
Blood spattering from my mouth. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a stray tuxedo cat I had previously assisted. He came to thank me.
I smile fondly before shutting my eyes.
Lemme just (puts backstory)
Basil has always had horrific luck... From the moment he was born he knew that! By that I mean, basil (our beloved manly man) was not always veiwed as male. In fact, even in moments before his death, he had been "recognized" as a girl.
But he still lived on. Growing up he was poor and abused. And then bullied for being a guy in a gals body! Then his mother passed on when he was 14. Leaving him homeless and broke.
Well fuck!
Many deities and God(esses)s looked on in pity.
And you know it's bad when the gods are pitying you! But still, it was against the rules to fool with the lives of mortals (unless they receive your blessing)
One thing in his unlucky existence however, always made him happy. He could be bleeding from the head and still play with a stray despite his pain.
However bad Fortuna(the goddess of fortune) and Artemis (goddess of wild animals the hunt and vegetation)  felt, they could not hide their joy when he finally fell from his mortals cradle and into their metaphorical laps.
"Poor child,"
Fortuna shakes her head in pity
"We just can't let it end like this!"
Listen, god(esses)s can't just screw up everything hickory dock!
But, for the sake of this book they can!
"Now can we?"
Artemis shakes her head "but we can't just throw him into the world! We must bless him!"
Fortuna nods in agreement "we will contact you once you are ready Basil"
The boys soul blinks out of his current position.

Fortuna is the goddess of luck, chance, and fate. And now according to author-kun , the goddess of starting fanfictions.
😅