⚡ Arcade Date / Jaya Ship 🌊

Here we are with the ship that started it all!

Jay's Pov -

Jay was sitting by himself at one of the arcade's booths. The seat's cushions were a bright red and the table in front had a standard black and white checkered pattern. Jay sipped on his cup of water, nervously playing with the white plastic straw. What if she doesn't come? Maybe she didn't like the arcade idea . . .

His hands fumbled around the drink, making the cup slip out of his grasp. The water inside started to spill over the table and onto the seat. He jumped, making sure the water didn't soak his pants. With an annoyed sigh he grabbed a handful of napkins and started to soak up the water. Great, just my luck.

Movement in front of Jay made him look up. There stood Nya her black hair brushed down and rested on her shoulders. She was wearing blue earrings that glittered when the sun hit them just right. She also wore light makeup around her eyes and a slight dash of eyeliner that made her beautiful eyes pop. Jay blink, too stunned to say anything.

"Hi Jay," she said, breaking the silence. "How do you manage to spill a cup of water with a lid?" she laughed a little as she grabbed some napkins to help clean up the mess.

Jay let himself laugh as well, "Thanks for helping me clean it up."

"No problem! Sorry I'm late, my mission dragged on a bit longer than expected." She sat down in the booth across from Jay and leaned back, "The stupid crook just wouldn't give up! He ran almost halfway across Ninjago City!"

Jay laughed again, "Really? Did you manage to catch him?" he asked, determined to get a conversation going.

"Eventually I did. I was able to return the money he stole, plus send him to the police. I'd say today was a successful day as the Water Ninja." She fixed her position in the booth, "I'm pretty hungry, I didn't get to eat a thing since breakfast."

"Oh, right! I actually ordered some pizza. It should be out soon. That's fine, right?" Jay asked. Oh crap. What if she doesn't want pizza?

"Yeah, pizza sounds great! After we eat, do you want to try and beat our high score again?" she said with a playful smile.

Jay nodded, "Sure, but I'm not sure if there even is a higher score!" he said jokingly. 

A server came by and set down the pizza, a couple plates, and two tall cups of soda. They both immediately began to dig in. The pizza was almost perfectly cooked. The cheese was melted just right to where it stretched when they took a bite. They washed it wall down with a taste of their soda.

Nya took another sip from the straw, facing back to Jay who took a final bite of his pizza. She stood up from the booth and took Jay hand, "Come on! We need to play Let's Dance before someone else beats our high score!" she lead him across the room and to an arcade game made for dancing. 

"Okay, okay!" he laughed, "But no one can beat our score!"

The two took their positions and got ready to start. The music started to play and so did they. Jay flipped around, waving his arms while Nya started to fast foot work. The two soon grew into perfect sync. 

While dancing, Jay quickly grabbed Nya hands and flung her in the air. She performed a could flips before landing on Jay's other side. They gave each other a quick smile before turning right back to dancing.

"They're gonna beat the high score!" cheered a kit from the crowd that was now forming around the two dancers. They began to cheer then on ad they continued to do turns and flips. 

"This is incredible!" called out another kid.

The music slowed to a stop, leaving Jay and Nya gasping for breath. They were bursting out laughing. Nya soon pulled him into a hug and Jay returned the hug with a smile. He son leaned in and kissed Nya a the cheek.

"I love you, Nya."