Chapter One

So before you read READ THIS MESSAGE, I guess I should put a warning on the book, because there is abuse, and there will be rape.

Hermione's POV

I'm on the train to Hogwarts with my best friends Ginny and Harry and my boyfriend Ron! I'm so excited to do my last year at Hogwarts, and now me and Ginny are in the same year! I've been made Head Girl this year, which is even more amazing! I get to live in the Head dorms, though I'm kind of worried about who the Head Boy is, I hope it's not a Slytherin. 

"We should probably start changing into our robes." I tell them. "The bathrooms are one person at a time this year, so it's probably going to take longer." 

"Me and Harry will go first." Ginny says, and they head off towards the bathrooms. 

"I'll use the bathroom near the Head's compartment, it's reserved for us so I'll be back faster." I kiss Ron goodbye and he pinches my butt as I walk by. I feel a little uncomfortable but it's just Ron's way of showing love, and I love him so I'm going to be accepting. 

I walk down to the Head bathroom and I see Draco Malfoy about to open the door. 

"Um, what are doing?" I ask him. "You do know that bathroom is only for the Head Girl and Boy, right?" 

He stares at me and then groans, "I take it your the Head Girl?" 

"Well duh, who else would it be, Pansy Parkinson? Unlike some snakes I know, I actually try instead of waiting for my greasy haired Potions teacher to berate someone else's potion and unfairly give me high marks for minimal effort that didn't pay off what so ever, since I'm absolute rubbish at potions. Aka, what a certain Malfoy does." I rant at him. 

He inches more into the bathroom. "I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I guess my "minimal effort" did pay off since I'm Head Boy now." 

"What!" I scream. Everyone in the vicinity stares at me and Malfoy winces. 

"Sorry, what? I must have misheard you because you seriously can not be Head Boy." I tell him. 

He pulls a badge out of his pocket. "Look, I don't know how it happened but I'm Head Boy. You know what, I'm going to go change in my compartment. It's not like anyone wants to sit with me besides Blaise, and it's nothing he hasn't seen before." 

I resist the urge to scream and pull my hair, and possibly murder him. I have to live with Draco Malfoy! No way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reach the compartment Ginny, Harry, and Ron are already changed. 

"The lines weren't really that long. Thanks for telling us Hermione, because we probably just barely missed a huge mob of students fighting to get into the bathroom." Ginny tells me.

"Yeah probably." I say, not really paying attention. Ron shoots me a dark look. He doesn't like it when I drift off into my thoughts. 

"Is something wrong Hermione?" Ginny asks, sounding concerned. 

I jump a little, "What? Oh, yeah. I was just thinking about how Malfoy is Head Boy. It's going to be torture, since I have to share a dorm with him and all." 

"What!" Ron roars. 

"Sorry, I must not have heard right." Ginny says. 

Harry just faints in shock. He's always been a bit of a baby, and he faints a lot due to malnutrition from the Dursley's cruel treatment of him. 

Ginny lightly taps his cheek a little bit, but he doesn't wake up. 

"Sorry Harry. Augumenti!" He's doused with freezing cold water. 

Harry startles awake, his glasses jostling. He blushes crimson. "Sorry." 

"You're fine." I reassure him. "And I'm going to be fine. I'm sure Malfoy will stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of his. I'll probably just hang out in Gryffindor common room and my bedroom, plus I can invite you guys over all the time." 

Ron still looks upset, but he doesn't say anything. I grab his hand, "You'll come over every day. I'm sure the ferret won't try anything with you there, and if he picks a fight we can shut him down easily." I lean into his side. 

He nods, "Yeah, I'll hang out with you every day. We can do homework and study and just hang out." I smile, I'm glad Ron seems to be taking his studies seriously this year. 

"Don't forget to invite us!" Ginny jokes. Her eyes land on Ron and I wrapped up together and she quickly looks away, pretending to search for her wand. 

I frown, I wonder what's going on. I hope she and Harry aren't drifting apart. They haven't been acting as romantic anymore, and she and Harry are sitting on opposite sides of the carriage. Come to think of it,  I can't remember the last time they kissed, went on a date, or did anything remotely romantic. I really hope they stay together. It's are happily ever after, I don't want anything to ruin it! Ginny and I will actually be sisters! I bet they just don't want to be super mushy and clingy. Ginny still loves Harry, and Harry still loves Ginny. Right? 

The train stops with a hiss of steam. I stand up, "I got to go guys! I'm so sorry, but Head Girl duties! I need to make sure everyone gets off the train and to the right place!" I send an annoyed looking Ron an apologetic smile. 

He huffs and leans in for a kiss. I smile and kiss him back. Harry and Ginny look away. There's 3 feet of distance between them, and they're angled away from each other. I shake my worries for the happy ending I dreamed of away, it's probably nothing. 

I smile at Ron again and make my way to where King Ferret is standing. Without exchanging a word I help him count the students, making sure everyone is counted. 

When we're finally done and all the students have left we trudge towards the final carriage in silence. 

He never says anything during the ride, not even a derogatory statement, or a slur. He doesn' sneer once, nor does he smirk the signature Malfoy family smirk. 

Instead, he stares dejectedly at the floor, his hair(which is ungelled and lays in no style)falls over his eyes. He seems depressed. 

His arms are covered with a long sleeve, no doubt to hide his Dark Mark. No one wants a reminder of the Death Eaters, not when so many students lost someone dear to them to a Death Eater. The familiar anger at him comes back. I felt bad for him for a moment, but he really is a despicable roach. Or ferret. He doesn't deserve to be at this school, not after he sided with Voldemort, not when he bares the Dark Mark on his skin. 

I tear my eyes away from him, my anger simmering inside. I stare out the window and he shifts his position. 

I get a brief glimpse of gorgeous grey eyes, and his muscles ripple in his tight black turtleneck. I return to staring out the window. I hate him. No matter how gorgeous he is. 

My cheeks heat and my heart thumps. This reminds me of the time I first saw him on the Hogwarts Express. I saw him from afar, and my heart thumped just like now. He was gorgeous then, even without the muscles, and the gorgeous wavy hair, and the sexy stubble. Then I met him and learned of his atrocious personality I remind myself. 

I'm dating Ron, and I hate him, so why do I find him so attractive? 

Luckily the carriage pulls up at Hogwarts. I practically run from the carriage, not giving the Thestrals  a second glance. I don't want to be in a confined space with him anymore. I can't. 

I walk faster than him, and wait impatiently my the doors of the Great Hall so we can go in together. McGonagall instructed us too in her letter. 

We enter and all eyes fly to us. Everyone smiles and waves at me, and glare at Draco. Draco? Where did that come from? Malfoy. They glare at Malfoy. 

We walk to our seats and I snuggle into Ron's warm side. This is where I belong. But why do I crave something else? What is wrong with me?