Akihiko Sanada x Fem!Reader (P3)

One punch.

"Aaa, Sanada-senpai!"

Two punch, uppercut.

"You're so cool, senpai!"

The third year sighed, rolling his wrists. 

"Hey, don't shove! I was here first!"

... He really wasn't going to be able to focus here. He wiped his sweating forehead, picking up his bag. 

"S-Sanada-senpai, done already? Usually you practice for another hour and fifteen minutes!" Another fangirl piped up. 

Akihiko tried to ignore the exact time she gave. "I'm done for the day, that's it."

He managed to push through, leaving the crowd of girls to sigh dreamily behind him. 

Finally with room to think, Akihiko took a deep breath. He couldn't even practice his training in his usual place? Maybe he could try another room. Or would the roof be better? It'd be hard without a proper punching bag, but he'd make it work. 

"Your form is all wrong!" He heard a voice from a distance, followed by a thud. He approached the source, peering through the gap in the door. 

Mats decorated the floor, and there were various students in white martial art uniforms. Akihiko noticed a crowd gathered around, and he couldn't help it be curious. 

"That's another one down..." A student murmured, and the other nodded. 

As he got closer, he could see what the commotion was. There was a girl with her arms crossed, towering over a boy on the floor. 

"Where's your confidence now?" She asked. The girls behind her giggled. 

The boy, seemingly embarrassed, huffed as he stood up. "Alright. Sorry captain."

"Captain?" Akihiko repeated in surprise, catching the attention of the others. He winced when they turned to look. 

The girl raised an eyebrow. "You're not part of the club. Why're you here?"

"Uh, I was looking for a quiet place to train, but-" He glanced at the other girls behind her. "I'll be leaving."

To his surprise, the girls' expression didn't change. Even the captain, and most girls that made eye contact with him could hardly speak. 

She hesitated. "There's a corner over there. This isn't a specific room for us, so there's equipment you can use in the closet." 

"Got it, thanks..." Akihiko said awkwardly, bowing his head. As he walked away, he took another glance and was supposed to see the club went back to their activities. 

And he was further surprised when no one bothered him for the rest of the session. Now and then he'd hear the various club noises, but he was able to finally focus for the first time in what felt like forever. 

After some time, he took a break, taking a swig of water. A stream of sunlight through the window reflected against the plastic.  

"Hey, are you going to be done soon?"

Akihiko caught himself, coughing slightly. "Huh?"

It was the captain, frowning at him. He wasn't sure if she was mad, or if that was just her regular expression. "Club's been over for a bit."

"Oh." Akihiko glanced at the clock. "Sorry about that. Been a while since I've had a good pace to practice. You even had a punching bag here."

She nodded. "There's a bit of everything. I had to fight with the student council a ton to get this room, even if it's not fully ours." 

He grimaced at the thought of having to do that. "Well, I'm glad you got it. It's the first I've seen a mixed club, now that I think about it."

She seemed to smirk, the first positive face she's made so far. "I wanted a place where we could fight on equal standing. We get some boys who think they're better as soon as they join, but I can quickly sort them out."

"Ah.. Like that guy, I'm guessing?"

"Exactly." She continued. "I don't mind, if they want a fight then they'll get one. But it does take away from actual club time..."

Akihiko hesitated. "Well, I think I can get it? I mean, it's kinda hard to try fight a girl..."

"Huh?" She said, frowning again. "How so? You think I'm weak?"

Akihiko waved a defensive hand. "Not like that, but I mean, there's a physical diff-"

"Then come on." She curled her fingers in a 'here' gesture. "Let's test it."

This was the first someone has been as eager for a fight as he was, and it being from a girl at that? 

"Hold on, how is boxing and martial arts going to work?" Akihiko stumbled to say, not sure what was going on. 

"We'll figure it out. Regular punching works too."

"Punch-? I, I can't do that!"

The door suddenly opened. "You two! It's past club time, why are you still here?"

Hidetoshi was in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed. The captain clicked her tongue. 

"We were just leaving."

He looked suspicious, but nodded. "Good. Be careful on your way home."

He closed the door, and the two of you listened to his footsteps grow more distant down the hall. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

Akihiko watched in awe as she acted normally, and nearly jumped when they made eye contact. "Are you coming? I can't leave till you do."

"Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry."

The two of them retrieved their things and left the school. Akihiko wasn't sure what to say after all that. And it's not like he could walk another way either, so he was stuck with this awkward silence.  

"... Sorry." She spoke up. "I get heated when it comes to that stuff. It took me a long time to become captain, and even now I still get my ability questioned."

Akihiko watched her for a moment, fixating on this new expression she had. It was somber as she stared straight ahead. 

"I'm sorry too." Akihiko said. "I can tell you're strong. I guess I just have this habit of wanting to protect people, that I forget some don't need it." 

She turned, pausing before breaking into a grin. "Ha! Didn't think I'd hear something so soft from you."

"Wha? That wasn't soft..."

"Oh, I know. You're the cool-headed Sanada-senpai."

Akihiko perked up in surprise. "You know me?"

"Hard not to... I guess that was also why I was annoyed." She said. "But... you're good. You're popular for a reason."

It wasn't the first time he's been complimented for his skill, but somehow, from her it meant more. 

They walked a bit more in silence before he spoke. 

"Well, maybe we can spar from time to time. I never did get to see you in action."

"Make sure you're prepared." She laughed. "... If you need to use that space again, it'll be there for you whenever."

"And you?"

She nearly halted in her walk. "W-Well, obviously, I'm the captain! I'll always be there."

Akihiko held in a chuckle. "Alright then. I'll keep that in mind."

                                                   ____________________________________

A/N: Requested by Santangelo13 !