Chapter One, A Meeting With Glowing Eyes

Emperor Belos was expecting an interesting day as any other day. But being told a child was wandering the halls with the ability not to be touched, intrigued him and surprised him. The day of Unity was so close, that he started to wonder if it was Eda's 'pet' as Lilith would refer to her, the traitor. Of course, he always knew she would betray him at some point if the past was anything to go off.

Belos steps echoed the long corridor till he finally came face to face with the so-called 'ghost' child all the guards were freaking about.

The child was about Luz's height, the most noticeable factor about the 'ghost' was they were flickering. As if it was an illusion but not stable.

"Finally! Someone who looks competent. Who are you, and what is your status?" The child turned towards the Emperor and he realized they were human, if he wanted this human to trust him, he was going to have to play it wise can't have another soul lost to these evil witches.

"I am Emperor Belos, a just ruler of this small town, and wish you no harm." Belos waited for a response from the child only to be greeted with a smirk.

"Liar. You are on the Boiling Isle. And yes you may be the Emperor, but we know a liar when we see one. And you, are no good man." The child laughed, and the Emperor found the child's use of 'we' was strange, who were they referring to?

"How-?"

The child cut him off taking control of the conversation. "Why don't we play some chess, then you will answer our questions and we will answer yours."

"I agree."

____________________

"So, why did you spend so much energy contacting me? I mean, sending a message through realms would not be so easy." Belos eyes narrowed at the hologram chess board. The rules were easy enough to learn, but what he wanted to know was why this person spent so much energy contacting him.

He moved the rook forward capturing one of his enemies' pawns.

"Ah, well. Infiltration of the systems in this lab was easy, especially since we found files on your realm. Now a matter of opening a secure connection in order for us to talk was the tricky part. Dr. Frakes work was useful in finding you. As for all the work we put into contacting you it all was because you have something we want, and from hearing you're story. We think you might agree to our proposal." The distorted voice calmly replied moving their queen.

"And what is this proposal. I assume it's not just to play chess." Belos asked with a little venom. This child's game was getting annoying. They requested the game as soon as he discovered the hologram message.

Belos knew better than to except games from children if the Collector was anything to learn from. But the human child with glowing orange eyes intrigued him, especially after they told him they knew what realm he was from and knew he was no good man.

"Sadly no, this is just to test your mental capabilities, old man." The child snapped back in the same distorted voice which unnerved the Emperor.

"Please, I have hundreds of years of experience compared to you child." The Emperor smirked but had his mask on to not reveal his face to the strange child.

"As do we. We are not the age we seem." The child smiled, not a normal smile but a sickening one. "We have lived for an eternity and we will live on with you're help."

The Emperor bit back the feeling to laugh. This child was funny, trying to sound all high and mighty.

"Our proposal is you give us the Isle after you destroy all life on it. We simply want the resources. And in return, we can aid you in any way." The child smirked as their eyes seemed to glow brighter. If Belos didn't know better he would say they were not human, but they confirmed they were.

"Interesting. I will have no use for this place after I leave... but I don't know what resources will be left for you to use."

"We can make it work, it's better than this planet."

"You said you're human... does that mean you're on Earth?" Belos was intrigued even more by this mysterious child, and their proposal seemed useful.

"Yes, sadly we're on this rock." The child lost their smile as they scowled narrowing their eyes.

Belos finally made a move, taking another one of their pawns. "And why is Earth not suitable to you?" The child tensed, which made Belos smile.

"We have... enemies in this world which are annoying. It would be in our best interest to leave this world." The child spoke carefully monitoring their every word.

"Interesting... I don't know what you could offer me." Belos replied snidely, they were desperate. And he knew that.

"Well you said it yourself you need to return to Earth. And if you are hundreds of years old, we can help you get established here." The child smiled, annoyed they had to speak to this lowly human for help. But it was the best option for now, who knows how long it will be before Marcy discovers their presence.

"Interesting, this deal will cost me nothing as this Isle means nothing. So I see why not to agree to these terms..." Belos moved his hand toward the child.

Their smile grew and they in turn reached out. "We knew you would see eye to eye with us. We look forward to working together soon Philip." Their hands never touched but the gesture was there.

"Yes I look forward to meeting you in person... uh-"

"You can call us Darcy." Darcy stood, their black hair falling into their glowing eyes. "In tell then."

The image disappeared including the game, which never was finished.

"How interesting..." That was all Belos said while he turned away walking back to his throne room. He had much to prepare for the upcoming day of Unity.

___________________________________________________________________________

Wow! I know this is another story I've released instead of updating "Moon's Tide" and "A Witch Among Humans."

But this idea popped into my head and I had to get it written down. I don't think this will have multiple chapters, it might if people want that.

Otherwise, this will be a one-shot for now so I can spend time updating the stories I'm already working on.

So if you enjoyed and want to read more or want me to continue this. Let me know! Also if you enjoyed the story comment you enjoyed it, I love reading everyone's comments.