Chapter 1

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳"

A marriage was arranged by two clans, back then, and even now marriages like this happened. It was all for business not for love, the two clans hated each other, but there came a time when they needed to work together, meaning they would need to come together and figure something out, until one of them, to be more specific the Zenin clan came up with the idea of an arranged marriage between the only child of the Kurokawa clan, Kurokawa Sayori, and Zenin Naoya.

The two never had even met each other, and they were already engaged, Sayori hated the thought and expressed it many times to her parents. Naoya didn't want this as well as he hated the thought but soon he accepted it. You must be wondering why is the marriage happening? Both clans needed to come together to produce a powerful heir as it was said a long time ago that a powerful heir would come from both families. Sayori hated the idea of being used for that reason, she couldn't believe that she was the one chosen for this, she was on her way to visit the Zenin clan to meet them, and to find out more details about the marriage.

~

'Why did it have to be me? I don't even know the man who I'm supposed to marry. All I know about him is that he thinks too highly of himself... I am my person, not a vessel to be used to produce an heir by the wishes of our clans..'

Sayori kept that thought in her head as she was on her way, she looked out the window and felt like crying because she was going to marry someone she has never even seen, but she couldn't cry now, she wondered how he looked or what was his personality? Little did she know that Naoya was thinking the same, but he didn't care as much as her, all he hoped was that she knew her place.

Finally, Sayori arrived, and she had to admit that it was a beautiful place, but she stayed quiet. She was dressed in traditional clothing, with a parasol to protect her from the sun. Sayori couldn't lie, she felt nervous as a servant led her to see her fiancé and her future father-in-law. Finally, Sayori got to the place where they were, she felt something in her stomach as she was completely nervous but her face didn't show any emotion. When she entered that room, she immediately widened her eyes as soon as she saw her fiancé approach her.

'So this is my fiancé.. I didn't expect him to be *this* attractive..'

(Switching to Naoya's pov (ノ'ヮ')ノ*: ・゚)

When Naoya saw Sayori, he had to admit she was beautiful. He thought she was going to be this girl with no assets, but he was wrong. She had long beautiful black hair and beautiful tan skin, and most of all beautiful eyes, she was exotic, but his trail of thought was cut off as soon as his father spoke.

( No more Naoya pov ┗(•ˇ_ˇ•)―→)

"So this is your daughter?"

Her father nodded and responded, "Yes this is my only child, Sayori." Sayori didn't look Naoya in the eye as her father had told her not to.

Naoya soon spoke up and said, "If you don't mind, I'd like to get to know my fiancé by taking a stroll with her." Naobito looked at Naoya and said, "Of course." Naoya motioned Sayori to follow him, she internally groaned, of course, she walked behind him, and he noticed this and thought 'maybe this won't be so bad after all' Once again his thought was cut off, but this time by Sayori as she sighed and said: "Are you always this quiet?" He turned around to look at her and he was surprised at how she could speak to him so casually. "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." Sayori only looked at him and smiled, "of course." 'I didn't expect him to be such an uptight prick... This is already going to be a burden on me'

Naoya watched her every move, except for talking to him, she was doing well, but he hadn't seen anything yet. They got to a small tea room, Sayori sat down while Naoya sat down. The servants brought tea but didn't serve it.

She only looked at him and he looked at me with an expectant face, "well are you going to serve my tea or not?" 'So this is what he thinks our entire relationship is going to be like? How wonderful, but he will have to learn that I'm not a housewife. But, let's play along for now

"Forgive me." Sayori had an annoyed face but didn't say anything that would make him upset, she served him tea as he had asked. He only looked at her not saying anything, as she drank her tea he spoke, "So there are some rules to be said." She only looked at him, her face expressed annoyance and he didn't like that.

"And change that face, you'll only look uglier, woman."

With that Sayori wanted to just get up and slap the shit out of him, but she didn't. Naoya drank his tea until he heard Sayori say "I see we share the same thoughts. Now didn't you say there were rules?" She looked at him with a smile on her face, he couldn't believe what she had just said, she was the first woman to speak like that to him, but he decided to let it go for now.

"First, make sure you know your place. Second, you'll do as I say, and with no back talk. Third, don't leave without my consent. There are more rules, but they are minor, but if you break any of them you'll suffer the consequences."

Sayori only shook her head and said "is that all?" Naoya saw the smile on her face and felt annoyed and said "Are you always like this?"

His face showed Sayori that he was a man who got easily annoyed and that he had a short temper. She looked up at him and said "yes, I am." When she said that all he said was "then we're going to fix that by the time we get married."

( ヽ('⌒'メ)ノ hi- lol - 😭 I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes and things- I use Grammarly tho- and if my writing style makes it confusing- I'm sorry )

( Also ask me anything about the story in the comments ( 'ε' ))