Chapter Two: The Woods

" Alyx are you sure he said he was going to meet us here?" Chrissy was wringing her hands together. Her nerves hadn't dissipated even when I told her the good news that I'd gotten Eddie to agree to sell to us.

"Yes, there's this little picnic table that he usually meets his customers at, we just gotta' find it." I tried to keep my voice as calm as possible but the worry I felt was starting to seep into my tone.

I took the lead and searched the woods for Eddie's table. I'd been in these woods at least half a dozen times to make deals before but something felt different about this time. I couldn't tell if it was the anxiety over Chrissy's mental state or what but I just wasn't feeling great about my choices at this present moment. I was getting turned around and all the tree's started to blend together. When I looked back to tell Chrissy how lost I was, she was gone.

"Chrissy, Chrissy!" I kept shouting her name but there was no answer.

My heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. I ran through the woods barely able to catch my breath, the crunching of the leaves beneath my feet only heightened my anxiety. It felt like I was running around in circles, I was about to lose all hope when I heard a scream.

"Chrissy." I whispered under my breath before running in the direction of the sound.

I was finally able to locate the source of the sound, thankfully it was Chrissy and she'd found Eddie. I doubled over in pain, just trying to suck in as much air as possible.

"Are you okay?" Eddie asked.

I waved him off, still trying to catch my breath.

"I still can't believe that I have Alyx and Chrissy Cunningham here". Eddie sounded almost shocked.

Eddie's eyes glistened like a little kid in a candy store as he and Chrissy started talking about the past and his band Corroded Coffin. The lengths that Eddie had gone to make Chrissy feel comfortable amazed me. Eddie wasn't always nice to me but watching his interactions with Chrissy reminded me that there was so much more to him underneath that denim and leather clad surface. The pit in my stomach grew as I shook the thoughts out of my head and sat down next to Chrissy at the table.

"Oh my gosh Corroded Coffin, how could I forget?" She giggled as Eddie chewed on a strand of his long shaggy brown hair.

"I don't mean to interrupt but can we get this over with." I said sternly.

"Of course." Eddie replied while rolling his eyes.

I watched as the two of them continued to share laughs. I could swear that Eddie's eyes  lit up each time  he looked at Chrissy and for some reason it just made my stomach churn. I couldn't stand to sit there any longer, it felt like I was intruding on an intimate moment. I'd never felt so awkward before, even when Chrissy and Jason would make out next to me at parties. It was just something about Eddie Munson and Chrissy chatting that really upset me. I wondered why he never talked or looked at me that way, not that I wanted him too.

"Alyx where are you going?" Chrissy called out.

"Just going to take a walk. Don't worry, I'll wait by the entrance of the forest." I tried to say it as cheerily as possible.

I spent the next five minutes walking towards the school and another five minutes waiting for Chrissy and Eddie. When they finally appeared I crossed my arms, not even trying to hide how annoyed I was.

"Took you guys long enough!" I sighed in exasperation.

"Sorry, we just had a lot to talk about." Chrissy smiled shyly.

Eddie's face quickly turned red which only poured more gasoline on the already lit match that was my emotions. I took a deep breath in.

This is fine, who cares if Eddie wants to flirt with Chrissy ! She's a gorgeous girl, everyone wants to flirt with her.