Prologue

~-~
October 31, 1981

"Saying goodbye is death by a Thousand CutsFlashbacks waking me up,"~-~

Flashbacks waking me up,"
~-~

It was early on the night of October 31, 1981. The sun had begun to set, making the sky a colourful mix of orange and pink, as the darkness came from the side, hiding the colors trying to show. The Potter house had gotten a total of four trick-or-treaters before they had sat a bowl on the porch and taken off with their baby in hand to go and meet with Sirius Black. James was the most excited of the three, he was finally able to dress baby Harry as he was meant to be.

"I don't understand why you chose that outfit," Lily bumped her shoulder into his.

"Lils, it's Bambi! Do you not get it?" James messed with the antler on his head.

She sighed with a smile, "I sadly do. That doesn't explain why I'm the rabbit,"

"Is pregnancy making you forgetful? You simply can not be the mother! She died!" He made little finger guns and pretended to shoot her, making pew sounds as he did.

Lily smacked his fingers away as if annoyed, but the smile on her face went against that theory. "And why are you the dad then? Does he die or some shit?"

"Lily!" He leaned down and covered the baby's ears, "He is learning words right now. Sirius taught him fuck already,"

"Hit," The small voice said. James narrowed his eyes and stared at his wife, "See what you have done?"

Lily laughed and picked up her son from where he attempted to walk beside them, "Can you say, 'Daddy's a dick,?"

"Addy a bick," He laughed as Lily kissed his cheek, tilting them to the side.

"You are turning my son against me," James pouted and faced away. The baby just laughed again and reached his fat little hands for him. James side-eyed Harry and grinned before taking him into his arms and swinging him around.

"Careful!" Lily laughed and put a hand on his shoulder, "You can't change Bambi's story, James,"

"If it means you too live a long life, I will do anything," He leaned down and kissed her cheek, "Now, we can go eat,"

The three went into the restaurant that had been agreed on days before, James' eye scanning for Sirius. "Weird, he is not here. We can get a table first and wait,"

Lily nodded and picked up the child, "Thank Merlin, my feet burn,"

James laughed as he walked up to the host, asking for a table of four. Considering it was Halloween, the place was very busy. People filled the seats as the ones before left. The waitress had led them to the back corner booth, setting the menus down.