Mutation In An Apocalyptic World

Raon Miru Henituse.

Looking at the vast sky of orange and red clouds of dusk, Raon sighed before he looked down at the wrecked city of Rowoon.

He was just but a fifteen year old boy, but the world had already fell into chaos at such of his young age.

The growls reverberated throughout the ruins of the city, the rotting smell of the corpses spread throughout.

Raon killed the zombie that was about to bite him from behind, a wisp of a wind-like smoke emanating from his hand.

He sighed once again, his blue orbs scanning for a safe place for the night.

Raon jumped through rooftops and buildings, the soft howl of the wind accompanying him as he continued to leap again and again.

But then he jumped, no building in sight as he freely let himself fall.

Everything happened in slow motion, looking upside down at the last ray of the sun behind a skyscraper before closing his eyes in a melancholic way.

“Dad…”

His hand outstretched at the delusion of his father smiling at him, tears welling as some of the droplets floated in the air as he continued to fall.

“I miss you…dad…”

The world he’s living in already came in a monochromatic shade the moment his adoptive father died at the horde of undead for saving him.

Raon landed in the ground in his two feet with a thud, successfully earning the attention of the crawling zombies near him.

With a flick of his hand, every of the undead had their head cut numerously in a gory manner, successfully killing them in one go.

Raon Miru Henituse is just a child in the world of apocalypse. Yet his ability is already the most sought out power as every people he meet wants to use him as he is nothing but a mere child in hopes that he can be easily controlled. Well, he have some people he can trust but it’s not the same.

The person he trust the most would be his father, Cale Henituse.

The problem is, he’s already dead.

“Raon-nim, General Choi Han is asking for your presence in the headquarters as soon as possible.”

He looked at the device he is holding, before he sighed and tucked it inside his pocket.

It seems that his freedom is cut short.

Activating his ability, he jumped from his place, leaving a small crater as he ran once again through the top of the buildings.

“Hah, he should have a good reason for calling me in my vacation.” Raon mumbles under his breath.

Just as he said that, a fireball was sent towards his way that he barely managed to avoid it, burning the hem of his clothes.

"Which dumbass motherfucker uses their ability against meㅡ?!"

Raon looked closely at the silhouette thanks to his sharp eyes. Staring further, he could see the face of the woman bleeding, a hole in her cheek that he could see the jagged teeth mixed with her own gums...and her very own brain.

"What the?" Raon scowls in shock and disgust.

Being in an apocalyptic world, it's not new anymore to see many zombies with their brains or guts hanging around where they shouldn't be. It's normal, but it's definitely not normal for a freaking zombie to have an ability just the same as the humans who are still fucking alive, thank you very much.