0.2 - Zombies 2

(A/n = Zed, Addison, Clover)

Welcome back to Seabrook, where belonging is everything.

We're a strong, united and tight-knit community. And that's a good thing 'cause  it wasn't always this way. There was a time when we had to protect ourselves. 

Legend has it that when the first settlers came to Seabrook, They found wild beasts with sharp claws lurking in the forest. 

Which sparked an epic battle. Seabrook settlers bravely fought off the monstrous attack. And discovered a powerful energy source. Realising they discovered a precious resource, they safeguarded it from the beasts. 

They weren't going to let anyone steal their treasure so they hid it. And the town prospered and grew rich. 

By harnessing the precious energy source. Seabrook benefited greatly as it grew strong, happy and unified. 

The beasts were a distant memory. Seabrook forgot monsters could be real. Until clearly. They were. A little lime soda mixed with a dash of industrial strength Seabrook energy. And BOOM!! 

Zombies were created.In a lot of ways Seabrook's moved on since then. But it's hard to bury your past. 

Like my white hair.

Clover's POV:

Me and Zed are buried under the sand as our hands come out. We both pull ourselves out letting out a zombie growl. Zoey and a few other kids start to scream and run away from us. Me and Zed manage to finally get out of the sand and go after them. We try and tag them but they dodge us every time. We then stand up with a big smile on our faces. 

Hey I'm Zed. And I'm Clover.  And yep, still zombies! 

Zed picks up Zoey and holds her on his hip. 

For zombies in Seabrook, things are changing. Every day is better than the last. 

And with that we set off running. 

Zoey holds my hand as we walk past the school. While Zed is walking next to her. 

Seabrook is getting rid of all of its old anti-monster laws. So now Zombietown is open to everyone. 

"Come on!" Zoey laughs and drags me and Zed away into Zombietown. "Wait, Wait, Wait! No Zoey, wait for us!" Zed shouts after her. 

And business is booming!

Zoey runs up to the coach's Fro-Yo truck. "Hey, Hey!" he greets us. "What's up coach?" Zed asks. "Oh, football off-season has been good to me Zed. Invested in this Fro-Yo cart!" He explains to us. "Little side hustle, gonna go global. Gonna buy a car, get some dress shirts, go on vacation without my great aunt Edna. Though she loves swimwear weather. You know I  might just bring her along." He adds. "May as well." I smile at him then look down at Zoey. "Cauliflower brains mocha crunch please!" She asks him with a smile. "You got it!" 

Seabrook has way more flavours than just vanilla now.    

"I'll take a vanilla, coach." Zed asks, "Me too!" I chime in. 

What? We like vanilla.

We drop of Zoey at home then head around town. 

In a couple days, we're even tearing down old Seabrook power to build a new cheer pavilion. Which I still vote against. I feel like it is still important.You're only saying that because of your enhanced hearing and sense of smell! Yea well I keep getting the feeling of and energy pulling me here.  Anyway not to take too much credit for all the positive changes, but yea I did good. Stop bragging! 

It's hard to believe there was a time where people were afraid of zombies.

We walk past all the workers and make our way to see dad in the building. "Hey dad." Me and Zed say at the same time. "Hey guys. First day as a foreman of the demo crew. Big day for zombie kind." Dad explains. "Yeah you'll do great." Zed reassures him. "Just don't make any lame zombie dad jokes." I pat his shoulder and we start to walk away. "But the working stiffs love em." Dad tries to argue. 

~~~

We climb some steps and find  Eliza shouting through a microphone. "Hey! Hey! Ho, Ho! This demolition has got to go." Eliza shouts. "They can't tear it down Zed." Eliza tried to reason. "I've said this to him before."  I tell her. "Seabrook power hasn't worked for years." Zed fights. "It's an important part of zombie heritage." Eliza snaps back. I nod and stand next to her in agreement. "This is progress guys. And now we can even go to Prawn." He replies to us handing a piece  of paper to Eliza. 

Prawn is like super-sized prom, but mighty shrimp themed. And this is the first year zombies can attend. And it's gonna be epic.    

"I'm loud and proud to be a zombie!" Eliza says into the microphone with anger. I can tell she is trying so hard. "Sometimes too loud.." Zed whispers but I hear and jab him in the ribs. He gives me a look and I just smile at him. 

Soon Z-band tech will get so good, That zombies will blend right in. 

"I dream of the day we ditch our Z-bands and let our inner monsters roar." Eliza then screams into the microphone causing me to laugh a bit. Zed then pulls me and Eliza away from the site.

~~

"Tearing down the power plant, You're welcome Seabrook. I'm your man." Zed starts to sing. "To build the place where everyone can cheer. I'm making Zombie-kind cool, not feared. "Making progress that sounds great. But what's the price we have to pay?" Eliza always finds a way to fight. Even through a song. "Ready for a new day, ready for a change." Zed continues and ignores Eliza. "People, Zombies, Everybody say!" Me, Eliza and Zed sing. 

--

"Finally allowed to go to Prawn. Gonna get our ziga-ziga zombie on! Counting down the days, I've been keeping track." Zed comes out of the house with me and Zoey behind him. "Kinda wish Addison would write you back?"  I question with a laugh.  "Imagine me taking her to the dance" Zed turns to Zoey and takes her hand. "A human and a zombie hand in hand." She sings, I pick her up and put her on my shoulders. "Ready for a new day, ready for a change." I sing with her then put her down. "People, zombies, everybody say..."

-- 

Me and Zed walk in the school and slowly walk past the Prawn wall of fame. "Here in this hall, up on these walls." I start to sing. Zed puts his arm around my shoulders as we keep walking. "Picturing Addison beside me." We stop in front of the next empty photo spot. "Then they will say we're all the same. And they can see life inside me." Zed sung sadly. 

 ~~~~~

"Ready for a new day, Ready for a change." Eliza and Zed did their handshake then me and Eliza did ours. "People, zombies, everybody says!" We all sing together. Doing our dances and having the time of our life.