Chapter 70

"Jet lagged?" Zayn asks, holding out a cup of coffee. I squint open my eyes, groaning as I take the cup from his hand. He sits in the director's chair next to mine, putting his attention on where I had mine before I dosed off.

"I don't know-" I yawn, "- how he does it. We landed at six. It's nine and he looks so- - full of life."

"How many hours of sleep are you on?" Zayn laughs, sipping at his coffee.

I sit up from my slouched position and slowly take a drink from my cup. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to keep myself up. "Not a lot. Never in my life have I been able to fall asleep on any plane. I was awake the entire six and half hour flight."

I yawn again, "It being Monday just makes me feel even more exhausted."

I haven't felt this tired in ages. If the entire room went quiet for one minute I know I'd fall asleep. But Harry's modeling shoots and interviews are far from quiet.

With his modeling shoots it's a mixture of the camera clicks, stylists fixing him up every minute, the photographer telling him what to do, and the obnoxious pop music they play in the background.

Harry models naturally in the camera while Becca gets her makeup done nearby. My vision is hazy and I keep closing my eyes. It's pretty obvious I'm sleepy and I cannot wait to fall asleep in the car.

"I've never seen you so tired before." Zayn pushes up my wrist holding my coffee cup. I take another sip, wanting the caffeine to kick in.

"I haven't felt this tired before," I mumble.

Harry and Becca have another interview and photo shoot today. They tend to be hired together for it. This time they're modeling for Cosmopolitan.

Harry is standing in front of a red curtain while wearing a black suit with thin white stripes. The jacket is open to reveal his bare chest and tattoos.

"Maybe if you stare at his chest, it'll wake you up." Zayn nudges my arm to wake me up.

"Shut up," I grumble, trying to make myself comfortable in the chair. I squint open my right eye to keep an eye on Harry in front of the camera.

He's a natural at it.

"You know I always heard all the other magazines complaining about how difficult he was to work with. He threw a tantrum for everyone and today- - he's been nothing but nice. He asked about my family when I was dressing him!" I hear one of the stylists lowly say to her friend.

I keep my eyes closed, listening to the conversation.

"I heard that too. He's been nothing but gentleman today. He didn't complain once when getting his hair done. And Beth had said he wouldn't let her touch his hair a few months ago."

I yawn again, rubbing my eyes. Harry hasn't been interviewed in a few months. The last time he was interviewed we hated each other and he had yelled at me. He was an asshole to everyone and lashed out in the interview. Has he changed his persona since then? Harry lashing out in interviews is what all the magazines want. They want those headlines to make people want to read their stuff. It's common sense.

"Okay Harry, you're all done! Can we get Rebecca next?" The photographer calls out.

A few seconds later I feel someone's finger lift my chin.

Out of instinct, I push it away, slowly opening my eyes.

"How much sleep have you gotten?" Harry asks, resting his hands in his pockets as he stands in front of me.

I sit up straight, blinking my eyes to wake up. "Not enough."

"You look cute when you're that sleepy." He says. "It's all I could notice when I'd look at you. You just keep dozing off, see, like you're doing right now."