Figure It Out

Rachel paced as she waited for the CD to load. It was after school and she was waiting for glee to start when she remembered what Mercedes had told her. She'd gone to the library to play it but it was taking forever to load.

She pressed the button to retrieve it then turned it over before putting it back in. It loaded in seconds. She frowned. Of course. She plugged in her earbuds and listened as the music started.

When it reached the end, she was in tears. It was exactly what she felt and never knew how to say. Rehearsals started at four thirty (though she and Mercedes were leaving after only fifteen minutes for her appointment) but it was three forty-five at that moment and she didn't know what to do. She felt raw and emotional and didn't know how to process things.

She felt like talking at that moment.

She dialed Jesse's number. "Jesse?"

M&Q&M

Mercedes held Rachel's hand as they boarded the elevator to take them to the correct floor in the therapist's building. The Jewish songstress had been quiet since glee and she was worried. She didn't know if she had listened to the CD or not either.

They stepped out of the lift and walked to the correct office. Hiram signed them in and they sat to wait for Shelby.

Rachel excused herself to use the restroom and per girl code, Mercedes joined her. "What's up?"

"I wanted to speak with you in private to tell you thank you." Rachel admitted. "That song has unleashed a floodgate of emotion inside of me and I have so many things I need to say. I listened to it while everyone was at a sporting practice and ended up talking to Jesse about a lot of things."

"Is that good?" Mercedes hugged her.

"Yes. I told him my fears about us and I even told him I loved him." Rachel sighed. "I'm ready to tell Shelby how I really feel."

"Marcy came up with the song. She gave me the CD last night."

"I don't know how to repay you both."

"We don't need repayment." Mercedes insisted. "We just need you happy. Can you do that?"

Rachel nodded. "Let's get back. I don't want them to think we fell in!"

M&Q&M

Artie was not happy. "But Mom-!"

"No buts! She should go out and have fun, too Artie! But I don't want her alone yet." Mrs. Janet Abrams was firm in her decision to let Lila join Artie on the group date with Gomez.

"But he's a boy! A Lopez boy!"

"Isn't Santana your friend?"

"Yes but-"

"No buts." She repeated. "She's going with you and you're going to take care of her. Is that understood?"

He sighed. "Yes, ma'am." She nodded. "But the girls are all reading this book BT ordered. What is she going to do while they read?"

"What is Maddie doing?" Artie had explained about the ten year olds going.

"Schoolwork."

"Lila can do schoolwork."

Lila listened from around the corner. She didn't want to spend her Saturday doing homework on a date but that date was with Gomez Lopez. She'd do chores with him!

"Okay." Artie pouted.

Janet couldn't resist teasing him. She cupped his chin. "Your sister is growing up."