extra

inumaki toge thought for a long time. the letters from y/n in hand. they had certainly made him laugh at the beginning, that much was for sure.

but, as he read on ..

he could see the brief undertones of loneliness. and who could blame miss y/n?

she was on par with gojo despite being the same age as together. but, of course, even though she was on par with the overpowered sensei .. she was still slightly weaker than him.

and many of the higher-ups would always make comments on how her time was coming up fast.

toge never understood that.

her time?

what did that mean?

he would let himself mull it over. maki would jump in at some point and explain it to him after awhile. but it still didn't make sense to him.

"her cursed technique takes her life away."

he just couldn't understand it. why would such a technique exist anyway? such a power merely being used in exchange for the one using it to die in the end.

he didn't want to understand.

────

dear inumaki,

you make me whole.

────

he gently folded the paper. and he went to go see her.

she was already on a solo mission. far away from jujutsu tech.

deep in the city somewhere.

fighting alone.

dying alone.

the only thing accompanying her were the very cursed spirits trying to kill her.

her cursed technique slowly eating her away. killing her.

"her time is almost up."

he didn't want to understand it. or acknowledge it.

because ..

she made him whole too.

.
.
.

"inu .. maki? what're you doin' here partner? shouldn't you .. be back at jujutsu tech or  somethin'?"

he sat next to her, the cursed spirits around her were all destroyed thanks to her devastating technique. that same technique that was killing her now.

and just as he was about to answer her, she fell against him. her head landing against his shoulder as her breaths became more constricted. it sounded like she was suffocating on her blood.

he knew that no doctor could heal her.

she was already a goner.

"don't .. bother answering .. i wouldn't be able to understand you anyway," she finally muttered. her hand reaching to grab at his own. he met her halfway and gently held onto her hand.

a lifeline if you will.

"even so .. will you .. will you stay?"

he nodded.
she grinned.

her vision becoming blurry as her weight shifted against him more. her eyes finally closing as her grip went slack. her hand becoming heavy in his own.

"goodbye, l/n."

he wasn't whole anymore.