Immigration

KRISTINA POV
"What a wonderful house you have, my dear," I said, admiringly looking at the living room of his big house. He looked at me with a big smile. "I'm glad you like it," said Dejan, looking around his house alone.

I went to the toilet and I heard Dejan calling me "Kristina! Dinner!" I washed myself and went to the kitchen.

I found a table full of food with candles and roses. I knew that Dejan was the right man for me. He is so caring and generous.
Sometimes I stare into his bright green eyes and suddenly come back to reality
and I blush when I realize that he is looking at me. During dinner we talked about his parents' visit and about the neighborhood.
He told me not to be scared if I see the neighbors peeking at me through the window or the fence because that's normal here.
And I already noticed that, the neighbor across the street was constantly following us. Of course, it was scary and strange to me at first, but I had to come to terms with it. That's how it is. After dinner, we quickly fell asleep.

I dreamed how we met.
It was 7 years ago in a club with my friend Zumbula, where Dejan was also.
As I danced, he approached me and then we danced together.
He asked me for my number and that's how it all started. It was one of the most beautiful moments in my life. We haven't stopped seeing each other since then.

I have the feeling that every day I am more and more lost in his eyes.
Day by day we were together more and more, and then it came to the point that I moved in with him.

I woke up in the middle of the night thirsty.
I went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water.
When I turned towards the balcony window of the living room, I seemed to see a woman watching me with a strange smile and big eyes. My glass fell and the glass flew all over the kitchen.

"Kristina!" Dejan ran to me and carefully asked me "Are you okay?"
I twitched and rubbed my eyes and there was no one at the window, so I thought it was just me because I had just woken up and I was not in my right mind. "I'm fine," I said fearfully, looking at the broken glass on the floor.

"I'll clean it and you go to the room, sleep." Dejan took an old broom and dustpan and started cleaning the glass on the floor. Despite being sleepy, I'm sure I saw something and that this wasn't just a dream.
I quickly forgot this event because I didn't want to ruin my first night at Dejan's house.