helpless

shattered glass, messy room, bruises. it's all i've ever known. 

riley loves me, he's just not very good at showing it. if i stop making him mad, then perhaps he'll stop being so violent and we can become the joyous pair we once were. its that simple right ?

'y/n, did you fall again ?' louis sighs as we walk home together. louis is a good best friend, he's kinda gullible but i feel some sort of comfort in his presence, which is quite delightful after dealing with riley's tantrums all day long.

'yep.' i reply, trying to sound as natural as i possibly can. i can tell he isn't buying it, but as long as we don't speak further of it, it's all fine.

we walk the rest of the way in silence, hands brushing past each other occasionally. it's nice though, light breeze, birds chirping somewhere in the trees, soft chatter of people walking about and of course, being with someone who doesn't break a vase just because i didn't pick up his call on the first ring.

as we reach the fence of my house, i look up to see my front door already open with a psychotic looking riley leaning on the door frame. he has dark circles under his eyes and an utterly dead expression sewed on his face. i already know what's waiting for me.

riley stares into my soul as he takes another puff at his cigarette. louis becomes aware of this and turns to face me with a concerned expression. i think we both know about the terrible things that are going to happen. 

i think louis has known for a while now, but i didn't want to discuss such a matter with him, so i just pretended as if everything was normal. although, now part of me wishes i could hide behind louis and that'll make it all go away.

...but i know that's wrong because riley is my boyfriend and whatever personal issues we have together, have nothing to do with louis and so therefore there's no reason to drag him into this mess.

louis gently clutches onto my arm whilst keeping strong eye contact with riley, as if he doesn't want me to leave just yet.

'what are you doing ? are you out of your mind !?' i hiss at him. 

'i wanna stay for while' his tone is neutral, but i can see the worry in his eyes, so i nod softly. i try to hide from riley's glares, who was watching the scene with a furious expression.

i follow louis inside the house as he shoves riley aside, while the only thing i can do is hold onto his arm tightly and keep a good distance from riley.

  pt.2?