The Breakdown

Day 18 of being stuck in space

They're in the middle of nowhere and they have no idea how to get back to Earth. Carrie would know if she tried but she doesn't feel like trying. She doesn't even know Tony and Nebula has tried to kill her multiple times.

She doesn't care anymore.

Carrie refuses to get out of bed, Tony is depressed, and Nebula is handling everything well.

The only time Carrie gets out of bed is to replace the bandages around her thighs and she doesn't know why she does that. She hasn't eaten anything since the snap, she just gives all her food to Tony. The only thing making her feel something is that Charles finally shut up.

She waits to die.

Day 19

The first day that Carrie gets out of bed. It was just to help fix the ship so it was an improvement. It's different from her laying in bed just thinking and crying all day.

They have about 48 hours left until the ship stops.

"Maximoff, I've never asked you, what's your story?" Tony asks while fixing the ship.

"What do you mean?" Carrie asks

"What do you think about all day in bed?" Tony asks

"There's a lot. My father left me when I was three, my mother's an addict, I lost my family and now my found family, I grew up way too fast, I took care of my siblings since they were born, I was abused, assaulted, bullied-" Carrie takes a deep breathe.

"I'm just done with everything." Carrie says

"I'm sorry." Tony says.

Carrie goes back to bed.

Day 20

Carrie finds one of Peter's cassettes and listens to them. She smiles for the first time.

Her dreams turn into nightmares and all she can think about is Peter and Gamora. She could've saved Gamora. She would have killed Thanos right then and there. She was so close too.

I guess the loser takes it all.

Day 21

Oxygen will run out tomorrow morning.

Carrie hasn't gotten out of bed since Tony needed help fixing the ship. She lays there waiting to die.

"Carrie." Nebula says waking Carrie up

"Yeah" Carrie says weakly

"We're on Earth" Nebula says

"Yay." Carrie says sarcastically, rolling over so her back faces Nebula.

Nebula gets Rocket

"Care?" Rocket says. Carrie turns around. She hugs him.

"You didn't die. You're not gone." She says. She thinks of someone.

"Groot?" Carrie says. Rocket shakes his head. Carrie's eyes tear up. Rocket helps Carrie up.

"I'm so sorry" Carrie says

____________________

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey says

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did. He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures." Natasha says

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asks. Carrie finally looks up

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve says