Chapter three

Texting

I have made a promise to myself to not fall for a guy anytime soon, cause I have had enough of those at the moment. They never go right.

But I have been texting him all day, and I gotta say that I have a massive, Mega crush on him.

Me: Sundays here sucks, and the closing times throughout the week too. Like why the hell do you close really early? Even restaurants! When am I supposed to eat dinner? 6?

Leon: haha! It really bothers you, doesn't it?

Me: it does! And it's not funny!

Leon: it is funny, Iris.

Me: no it's not, Leon.

Leon: don't mimic me.

Me: I will.

Leon: don't make me come up there.

Wait- up where? Here?
Is this one of these pissing each other off until the "make me" comment pops up before a steamy kiss?

Of course not, shut up brain.

Me: no seriously, what am I supposed to do on Sunday?

Leon: worship🤣

Me: what if I am not a Christian?

Leon: go on dates, have a picnic, hangout with friends.

Me: is that what you do?

Leon: no

Me: what do you do then?

Leon: stay in bed all day, no t-shirt on, watch a movie or read a book.

My brain imagined all that and it's not a good thought because it's igniting the way I feel about him.

Changing the subject is a great idea.

Me: have you ever been to Neuschwanstein castle?

Leon: I have seen it, but never been inside. I have been in the Museum of the Bavarian Kings when I was in Füssen for a research.

Me: oh that's cool! I have searched about the castle yesterday, though the booking for the tours is full for the whole month :(

He read my message, but did not respond for the rest of the day so I thought that was weird. But maybe there is nothing more to say?

The next morning I was happy at the sight of his notifications, last night I was overthinking and wanted to text him so bad.

Leon: what are you going to do on Sunday?

That question is quite weird and sudden.

Me: I haven't thought yet, why?

Please ask me out.

Leon: I have an extra tour ticket for Neuschwanstein castle on Sunday 17:05

And? Me? Him? Castle? Date? Sunday?

Me: oh?

Leon: yesterday you said you hated sundays here and you never know what to do. I am quite happy that you don't have a plan yet.

Three dots kept me waiting

Leon: would you like to go with me?

I was in shoock even though I saw this coming as soon as he asked what I was doing on Sunday. But I did not expect him to get tickets to the castle and I don't know

Leon: to the castle i mean

First date to a castle?
Boy my standards got too high after this.

Leon: you can go on your own if you want

What? No!

Leon: the ticket is yours.

Me: hi, sorry, no

What the hell?

Leon: oh

Me: no, sorry

Leon: I got that.

Me: no

Leon: I think I read the signals wrong.

All I wanted to do that moment is call because I am uncabable to type right now. I tend to send so many texts one after the other instead of a whole paragraph when I am excited and it ruins things sometimes like now.

Me: I meant, sorry I took long to reply and no I don't want to take the ticket.

Leon: it's clear.

Dammit let me type!

Me: because I want to go with you.

So stressing!

Me: I want to go to the castle on Sunday with you.

Leon: oh

Me: if you want

What if he wasn't asking me out? He just got a ticket for me? I don't know! I am confused I take what I said back. I guess it's a guessing game with everyone.

I don't want it to be.

Me: let's make this clear, I am done guessing things. I don't want this to be like every interaction I had before. I do like you, and I want to get to know you. I appreciate you getting tickets that's just- crazy! I want to go on a date with you and I hope that was you asking me on one.

Leon: this is the healthiest conversation I have had, I am glad you ended a guessing game before it started. Thank you for clearing things up. I like you too, a lot. I know it's quick but I just feel some type of way. I would like to get to know you as well and yes, it was me asking you out I should have made it clearer.

Oh thank god.

Leon: have you got the 9-euro tickets?

Me: yes!

Leon: great! The direct train to Füssen station on Sunday is at 9:45 am, would you be up for that? Or should we go later? There is only three direct trains from Munich a day, as for the rest we need to change trains.

Me: no yeah, I will be up for that, 9:45 it is then.

Leon: great! I will be at your door at 9:30 am.

The greatest thing is that, the station is literally across the street from the hotel I am staying in, I can even see it from the window.

Me: can't wait! :)