Prologue

Goldcrest. A small, rural town in the middle of seemingly nowhere, named after an urban legend including some dragon from ancient times. Not too far from Ninjago City, Goldcrest is a cozy place without too much city craze and traffic. It’s got a comfortably aesthetic coffee shop, some good arcades and movie theaters, and a really good hibachi grill. With a rather small population, everyone is a friend of a friend.

However, despite all these wonderful assets of a small town, Goldcrest is infamously known for ‘the haunted house on the hill.’

Not too far from the main residential area of Goldcrest is a rather small mansion-style house that has stood there for hundreds of years. Its architecture is still sturdy and in good condition, despite being untouched for a long time. It has running water, modern heating and plumbing, and a wonderful internet connection. What drives people away, however, is the ghost that lives there.

Over the years, that house has had many families live in it. Before it became ‘haunted,’ it was actually a lovely home, owned and built by a wealthy family with many descendants. None of those descendants live in the house anymore, though. Not after the place got haunted.

One night, the family began to see… strange things. A shadowy figure in the corner of their eye. Doors, windows, and closets opening and closing on their own. Icy cold breezes that sent shivers down their spine. Small objects being flung across the room at random times. Typical ‘this house is haunted’ signs.

What drove the family away for good, however, was the piano they kept in their music room. It would play itself in the middle of the night, eerie music echoing through the house. Every time they would check the room, the music would stop for a few hours, and then begin once again. It kept them sleepless for many nights. Until finally, they decided to leave, once and for all.

They put the house up for sale and left it that way for years to follow. Many people would try to live in that house, and be driven away weeks later. All of them would report the same thing; a piano playing by itself. Goldcrest would then be known for its own haunted mansion. Even the residents of the small town would say that sometimes, on a dead quiet night, you could hear that same piano, echoing from the direction of that house.

Only insane people would move into that house willingly.

Only insane people, like Y/n.