Chapter 6

Zoe's POV

The hallway was busy on Tuesday morning. I heard the familiar footstep of Phoebe's boots. No one moved out of her way instead crowding her trying to talk to her.

"If you don't all move out of my way I'm not afraid to shove you out of the way," Phoebe yelled above the other students.

They quickly scurried out of the way and she walked up to me.

"Hi, Zoe," she smirked.

"Nice to meet you Phoebe. I see you like athletics," I said.

"I've only been doing it since the end of freshman year," she smiled.

I gave her a weak smile and returned my attention to by uninteresting locker.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Zoe, I'm pretty good at reading expressions as I have spent all my life doing it. Honestly what is the matter? I'm pretty good at keeping secrets," she said honestly.

"I'm arguing with my family and I don't like it," I said.

"I argue with my family all the time and look how I turned out," she laughed as we walked to class together.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and laughed.

"What if I don't want to be like you?" I teased.

 Phoebe and I walked into lunch at the same time and everyone came to talk to Phoebe. There was a babble of voices as everyone wanted to ask her something, and be her friend. She rolled her eyes at me and started to push through everyone not caring about if she hurt anyone. She came face to face with Olivia who was surveying the crowd from the back.

"What do you want?" Phoebe snapped.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to join my group?" she asked.

"No way! You can go slut it up with your boyfriend," Phoebe teased.

"Jordan is a better boyfriend than your one."

"Yeah, you are right because I don't have one as all the boys around here are bastards."

"Have fun in when no one wants to talk at the dances."

'No one does anyone," Phoebe smirks and walks away to a table and I follow her.

We sat down and luckily no one wanted to sit with us.

"Do you want to come round to my place this afternoon?" she asked.

"Sure, what made you ask?" I asked.

"Because my parents and sister are home at the moment and since they hate Ryan I thought that it might help if I have another friend," Phoebe admitted.

"You think of me as I friend?" I asked.

"Of course," Phoebe smiled.

 Ryan was waiting for us in the car when we came out. He gave me a smile as I was squashed between the pair of them. Phoebe was right though. Both her parents and her sister where sitting in the living room when we came in.

"What a pleasant surprise," Phoebe said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why is he here? I specially said he isn't allowed," her Father said.

"Because I needed a friend and he was there unlike all of you and since you are never here I don't care," Phoebe smirked.

"Phoebe don't we have an English project to do?" I asked.