Not a Birthday Present I'd Want

Turns out, Cassie puked.. while they were all in the hot tub. Suze bringing her upstairs to get her cleaned up. I painfully helped, figured to give Lexi a break. Her already flustered beyond comprehension with her sister's bullshit for the night.

   Lexi only had a minute to tell me some of what happened, getting more towels for everyone before running back downstairs. Since then, things have gotten kinda quiet. The music long since then being turned down. The night mellowing out, obvious the whole thing with Cassie must have worn everyone out.

   That's when pounding could be heard at the front door. I was curious, naturally. My already restless body getting more agitated as I laid on the couch wondering who it was. My mind lingering with possibilities. The slight paranoia it was my father or sister, somehow one of them figuring out I was staying here.

...

Fuck it

    I got up from the couch, staring at the door before finally getting up. I made my way out into the hall, seeing Rue coming out of Suze's room. This not adding up in my brain right. Wondering why she was in there. She looked bad. Even worse than I felt. Making me think her detox was much more severe than mine.

"Marina? Why are you-" Her speech slow and unsteady. Not sure I should admit I may or may not have been told about Elliot coming clean about everything.. I don't know.. Maybe I was kinda hoping to have been caught. But they didn't get to me in time. I was already gone before Elliot even got home.

"Figured to give Elliot a break for a while." I lied. Her shaking her head, it clear she was getting fidgety.

"He's a little bitch.." I sighed heavily, eyes heavy as I rested on the wall behind me.

"How bad was it?" She rested on the wall beside me, clutching her stomach and hunched over.

"It was.. It was pretty fucking bad. Your sister fucking ambushed me. Earlier.. Fucking told my mom and everything.. Flushed eeeverything... Guess we're both on the run now." She fake laughs, straightening herself back up. Her head rolling almost lifelessly as she slowly resumed her way for the stairs.

"And I'm assuming I was mentioned?" She nodded, a dull nod, me returning said dull nod. Knowing I was indeed fucked.

"Greeeat."

"Yep." I watched as Rue made her way for the stairs, stopping short as she rounded the corner.

"Ah, fuck. It'll never fuckin' end." I felt my body freeze, instantly thinking it was Jules or something. Figuring I'd have to leave my last save heaven. Rue making herself comfy on the top of the stairs as she sits. I stood where I was by the closet, almost by the stairs.

"This can't make you feel good, Rue. Livin' like this. Lyin' to the people you love, bein' mean to the people you love. This can't make you feel good about yourself." I shook my head, to myself as I heard Leslie's words. Her words being close to what I'd imagine my father's lecture sounding like.

"I don't care. Just fuckin' leave me alone, please." I frowned in my spot, resting against the wall more to suppose myself as I continued to listen to Rue's mother try and reason to her.

"I know you're in pain." I couldn't help but feel my face scrunch up, my own pain suddenly being more noticeable.

"You have no fucking idea, mom." I could almost cry, feeling Rue's pain mix in with mine as she sat feet in front of me. Me not being able to comfort her because the others would then see me.