06

after his realization, mike turns his bike around towards steve's house. he needs this to be sorted out.

this time, he doesn't even bother knocking. he really wishes he had though, because what he walkes in on in steve's room is not G rated. steve's tongue in eddie's mouth, eddie's hands tangled in steve's hair.

"uh..." mike says, and clears his throat.

steve and eddie practically leap.

"oh, uh hey. i uh didn't hear you there," steve says, shifting on his bed.

mike ignores steve. "steve, i think... i think i like the boy we were talking about earlier."

steve and eddie share a glance. "i mean, cool, but shouldn't you get to know him a little first?"

mike pauses. "yeah, i probably should."

***

SCHOOL : THE NEXT DAY
as mike is gathering his things from his locker, he sees the boy again. this time, mike walks up to him.

"hi." mike says and smiles nervously.

"uh, hi." the boy says.

"um, my name's mike. what's yours?" mike mentally punches himself in the face. god, that sounded so stupid.

"i'm will." he answers. "nice to meet you." and gives mike the slightest smile.

mike's stomach died inside. oh my god. he actually smiled at me. he—

"well, i should probably get to class." will says.

"oh- right. for sure, me too," mike stutters. "see you around."

"see you around." will says and walks away.

mike feels weak in the knees. as he walks to the lunchroom with his friends, all of their conversations are drowned out with thoughts of will.
will. will. i like that name.