Untitled Part 11

I'm not quite sure if I'm publishing this on Thursday or Friday, I'm pretty sure that wattpad and I are working in different time zones. Or maybe it's only my laptop going crazy again. Anyway, if this is late I apologise. Updates will also be coming slower now, I have like three more finished but after that you'll have to wait until I find the necessary inspiration again. Sorry :)

Grey clouds came in the night so there's no sunrise to speak of. I don't think it'll rain today; it's simply grey clouds that make you dreary and block all your sunlight. But maybe it won't be so dreary outside? I can't wait to find out.

I quietly pad over to the door and stick my head out.

I jump back and press myself against to door. I'm breathing hard and my heart feels like it's about to jump out of my chest at any moment.

There's a giant out there.

Mr. Blackbourne did say that someone might me sitting outside the room to make sure I wasn't dying, but I didn't really believe him. I mean, they have to sleep, don't they? I'm the unusual one for not sleeping. And Mr. Blackbourne certainly didn't mention any giants.

"Hey, good morning" a deep voice rumbles. "You're Sang, right? I'm Silas Korba." I could care less that he thinks he's Silas, he's a giant and that's it. I mean, he even speaks differently then the others, the words roll out with and extra little twirl to them.

There's shuffling outside the door and then he sticks his head in, looking at me with deep dark eyes. "Hey, are you okay?"

I silently squeal and run over to the other side of the room, pressing myself against the window. I don't actually want to try to open the window, what if I break it? I can't just go around breaking Mr. Blackbourne's stuff. But if worst comes to worst, I'm pretty sure I can jump out of here.

Silas opens the door fully, then takes a step back, holding up his hands. "Don't worry, I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry that I scared you. I'm part of Mr. B's team, too."

Um, well, they might have mentioned a Silas. But wouldn't they have also mentioned he's a giant if they meant this one? He is even taller than North and has more prominent muscles. I'd say he should be even scarier than North, being a giant and all, but... North is scarier. So maybe the giant isn't all that scary?

Silas steps away from the door. "Well, if you don't want to talk to me... fine. Continue with whatever you were doing." He sounds hurt. Why? I don't know him; how could I have done something to hurt him? Is talking to strangers really so important?

I tiptoe back to the door, peaking out at him.

- I'm mute.

He stares at me blankly. Oh, well, I guess he doesn't understand ASL. I really should try talking again.

I point to my mouth, then shake my head, hoping he gets it. The giant still stares at me blankly. So I give up, looking into the hallway. I had wanted to go outside, but this isn't my house and I really don't want to intrude, so I go back into the purple room. The bed is slightly rumpled from last night. I smooth it out.

I actually feel even more like an intruder in this perfect room than in the hallway with the giant. Maybe I should hide myself in the closet along with my suitcase.

"Weren't you going somewhere?" the giant asks from the hallway. "I don't want you to stop doing whatever it was just because of me." He really sounds hurt.

I look around the room for inspiration on what to do, my eyes settling on the pad of paper Kota gave me yesterday. I wonder how it go into this room. But...

A minute later I surreptiously send an airplane flying down the hall. I listen as the giant picks it up, confused, then unfolds it:

Hello, I'm Sang, but you already know that. I'm sorry for hurting you; I'm mute though, I can't talk. Are you sure you're on the team? No one mentioned a giant.