Notes:

This isn't supposed to be serious (for now), I just wanted to have a go at writing Merlin x Arthur because I love them so much!!!

Merlin POV:

The bright colours of the sun shone through the window.

I opened my eyes, just to see Gaius opening my door.

"Ah, Merlin, good to see you awake so early. This means you can help me with some chores before going off to help out Prince Arthur."

I groaned.

"Come on Merlin, let's not wait for the grass to grow!"

At that, dearest Gaius left the room.

I rolled over and sighed. He had left the curtains open, so I shielded my eyes from the brightness.

'I'm sorry Gaius' I thought, 'but I'm not doing chores today. I'm going back to sleep.'

I finally managed to get comfy again, but then Gaius came back in. This time he wielded a scrubbing brush, and it bounced off my head as I scrambled out of bed.

"Okay, okay, Gaius! I am up! Please do not throw any more scrubbing brushes at me, I know I need to clean the floor."

"Thank heavens for that, Merlin, it's looking like the road after people toss their pots out of a morning. I do feel for the poor souls who must clean the roads every morning, what with all the muck and urine everywhere! Anyway. Merlin. Up, up, up! You have things to do, while I gather for breakfast, you need to scrub the floorboards, and while I make breakfast I have some things for you to deliver. Make yourself sharp, we need to get all this done before you have to go off to Arthur."

He continued to narrate as I threw on my boots and scarf.

"There we are Merlin. Now, I want the floor to be shining when I get back, hm?" He exited with a grin.

'Oh Gaius' I thought, 'always in such a hurry.'

I know Gaius seems strict and bossy, but he is doing my mother a massive favour and I must return it, so I always help him out when I can. After all, he is dear to me and my mother, and is good at heart.

I finally finished getting dressed, and picked the brush up off the floor.

'Ugh. It really does remind me of the roads in the morning.'

Arthur POV:

The bright colours of the sun shone through the window.

I groaned. I needed my beauty sleep.

'For goodness sake, sun, why do you have to steal my love from me?' I muttered to myself.

I sighed, and rolled over into my pillow.

The morning could wait, for me at least.

Merlin POV:

"That floor was disgusting, Gaius."

"Well maybe, Merlin, next time don't leave it so long." He replied, with a raised eyebrow.

"Right. So, who do I need to bless my eyes with on this lovely morning?"

Gaius rolled his eyes.

"Well, there's dear old Jon down on the lane, he needs a mix to treat his daughters pox. Then there's Ms Whiler, who needs a remedy for her knees. And finally, Miss Morgana, who needs her usual sleeping draught. If she's been dosing correctly, then she should have just ran out last night."

"Oh, that's good, a short trip today! I am feeling rather tired, Gaius, maybe after I come back do you think I could have a little lie down-"

"No, Merlin. You're not getting out of your duties with Arthur. Why would you have any reason not to want to go? I thought the two of you were friends? Or have I been reading this wrong?"

"Well, I'm his servant, we are bound to talk. But there's no reason, I'm just feeling a little tired today..."

"Well, we will see how you feel when we get back, hm?"

"Yes, Gaius'

Arthur POV:

The sun wouldn't stop shining in through the windows. I simply could not sleep.

'For goodness sake, sun, I wanted to sleep. Really, I'm supposed to sleep until Merlin comes and wakes me- wait...'

'Merlin's coming!'

Suddenly, the sun felt a little less annoying.

'Do my chambers look too messy? Wait- do I look too messy?'

I clambered out of bed to my mirror. My hair looked horrible.

Seriously. It looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge by my ear. And I'd had experience in that.

'Wait a second. Why am I so excited about Merlin? He- I mean- we're just- it's not like anything is going on. I mean, why would it? That's not how it works! My father told me so. A man grows up to marry a woman. Not another man.'

I slapped my forehead.

My brain always played tricks on me like that, but I'm fine! It's just because I'm excited to talk to my best friend, that's all.

My best friend.

A/n:

Its always nice to have the first chapter done, but idk if I'll carry this on.