Past

4 years ago, A'nyla was sent away from home. After her parents got divorced, her father blamed her for every bad thing that happened in his life. So a few months after, he sent her away to a "Mental Hospital", that turned out to be Hawkins Lab. A'nyla was turned into a test subject and was experimented on. The owner of the Lab, Dr. Martin Brenner, injected her with different chemicals causing her to obtain multiple different abilities. Each injection she gained more power. She went through pain, torture, and training. And soon they wrote 000 on her arm. They called her Zero instead of her name and tried to erase her memories, but she never forgot. During her time in the lab she almost never was allowed to see the other children because of how powerful she is, but when she did, she remembered a girl named eleven, which she had to control.
A'nyla knew she had to escape and when she was going to. And that was November 6th 1979.

Her powers :

Psychokinesis
The ability to manipulate a variety of things with the mind. Like the elements

Telepathy
The ability to transmit the thoughts from one brain to another.

Mind reading
The ability to read a person's thoughts.

Mind control
     Being able to dominate another person's will by taking over their mind. Can make them do whatever they please.

Persuasion
Able to always convince someone that what you say is true.

Memory Manipulation
The ability to manipulate memories of others by erasing them and replacing them with new ones, whether false memories or not. This ability can also be used to bring suppressed memories out to the surface.

Dream Manipulation
This ability involved manipulating a person's thoughts while they were asleep and dreaming.

True Sight
Being able to perceive something for what it really was. Able to look into different dimensions.

Physic Link
Able to feel another peoples emotions.

When she escaped, she had nowhere to go. On the way back home, a woman named Karen Wheeler saw a girl wondering around the streets and went to check on her since she was wearing a hospital gown. A'nyla knew she couldn't tell anyone about what's going on at Hawkins Lab, so she had to resort in saying she was lost and that she's new in town. Given her appearance Ms. Wheeler decided not to take her to the police. She figured that she was an exchange student that lost her way, so she took her back home. Ted, her husband and Nancy, her oldest was confused with the new addition but didn't question it. Michael and Holly didn't even question it. They welcomed her with open arms. Mike immediately introduced her to the rest of the party. At first it was awkward with being the only girl in the party but after a few months, they loved her. Especially Lucas, A'nyla and Lucas had a really close bond. They started off at friends but then it slowly faded into a little more.