i. the wrestling king

TW - gun violence, death, statutory rape.

EDIT- Mr. Harrington's full name is James Theodore Harrington and Mrs. Harrington's full name is Lisa Michelle Reed

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

THE HARRINGTON'S WERE GOOD people. Well respected people. Theo liked having them as his parents most of the time. The couple was very...American. They lived in a beautiful big house that held their family of four with room for even more. Mr. and Mrs. Harrington loved each other. They were the perfect couple, even though their beginning is a bit of a journey.

When Mrs. Harrington was very young, she went to a high school about an hour away from Hawkins. She was a varsity cheerleader with a handsome boyfriend and amazing friends. She was living the classic American teenage girl dream. Popular pretty girl who never got in trouble. She was perfect. Well she was until she got pregnant her senior year.

Mr. Harrington was currently visiting his hometown after a summer of internships. He had gotten a nice office job in Indianapolis and was planning on staying with his parents until he could find a nice apartment downtown. This meant he had to deal with his little sister and her dumb cheerleading sleep overs once a month.

Throughout these sleepovers, James Harrington would flirt with the young girls. He only did it to be funny, not expecting anything of it. He was an older, attractive man so it wasn't unreasonable to think they all had tiny crushes on him. Lisa was the first girl to flirt back. The two were downstairs around midnight. Lisa went to get a drink and James was working on some overdue papers for his job. They had been flirting for a month now, and that night was when the relationship turned physical.

Two weeks passed and Lisa came to discover she was pregnant. Her boyfriend had thought it was his. He was ready to drop out of school and get a job to provide for his family, until Lisa finally confessed to sleeping with James Harrington. The scandal quickly spread like wildfire around town. She became an outcast; kicked off the cheerleading squad, moved states, lost all friendships.

James was her best friend's hot older brother. They had known each other since she was five and he was eleven. Then he grew up and became hot. She knew their age difference was wrong, but she was never planning to be anything more than a fling to him. She liked to think of them as Shakespearean rather than what they really were.

Eventually, Lisa graduated from some random high school in Ohio, and ran away to Indianapolis three days later. There, she met up with James. She walked right into his office building and demanded to see him. Soon after this encounter, the two of them moved in together and got married at a courthouse. Steve Harrington was then born only a few weeks after Lisa's 18th birthday. The family of three settled down in Hawkins and cut off all ties to their families and friends from the past. They were the mysterious move-ins. No one knew their past, especially Steve. If he knew the story, it might just make him sick.

Unfortunately, things began to turn for the worst when they discovered Mrs. Harrington's insides were all messed up from her previous pregnancy. She would be unable to have any more children, and recommended having her tubes tied. Their perfect dream family had quickly fallen apart. It was one month after said events occurred when one of Mr. Harrington's coworkers ended up passing away in a car crash. The father was an only child and the mothers brother had died a month earlier. Neither of them had living parents so their only child was left completely alone.

He was thrown around in the foster care system for two years. Eventually, the child found his way into the Harrington family's loving arms. The encounter was completely by accident, but that's a story for another time.