Card Games

Pitch sat on the couch in the small library in the layer, reading with a smile as Autumn hummed as she always did when she heated tea for the both of them.

A fire crackled to life in the fire place as Autumn came in, holding tea set on a tray.

"I tried something new," the young girl said as she poured the cups. When they were full she handed a cup to Pitch and then started to fill her own cup with sugar. "Your favorite, lavender, mixed with mine, raspberry leaf."

"Stars knows you could use the lavender," Pitch said teasingly as he blew on the tea to cool it.

"Hey!" She shot back, laughing a bit. Pitch chuckled, taking a sip of the brew.

"Not bad, Daydream. Angel's taught you well." He said, taking another long sip. He turned his head to look back at his book. Autumn beamed, practically lighting up the room. She went behind Pitch looking over his shoulder.

"You know, for someone who doesn't like stories you read them a lot." Autumn said trying to figure out what the words said. It was written in cursive.

"It's a book on medical practices." Pitch sighed, closing the book. "Although I fear it's outdated. It's talking about demons being the causes for some illnesses."

"Imagine!" Autumn said jumping jump onto the coffee table minding the tea. There a twinkle in her eye. Her arms swooped around and downward in a overdramatic gesture. "Every flu season there's little demons scurrying about!"

Pitch laughed, watching Autumn be overly dramatic over the idea. "I deal with you everyday and I think that's quite enough to keep my hands full."

"I'm not that bad!" She said rolling her eyes.

"You're quite right. You're worse." He laughed, raising his hands to defend himself from a pillow attack. "The tea, dear!"

The girl settled down quickly, as not to spill the tea. Instead she stuck her tongue out at the older spirit, causing him to laugh once more.

Finally the weather spirit got around to picking out her own book from among the library. Picking one with stories about the stars, she settled down on couch with her tea.

"Emily wants us over for dinner tomorrow." Pitch remarked after a while.

"Finally, good food."

Pitch scoffed and Autumn's musical laughter filled the library. It was a joke of theirs that neither could cook anything other then toast. And even then they burnt it half the time.

"Fine then. I'll go make supper for just myself." Pitch retorted, getting up to leave. The girl rolled her eyes as she turned the page of her book.

Shifting, Autumn felt the stone from before in her pocket. Bringing it out carefully, she looked at the glowing gem. It seemed to pulse with living light. A part of her felt attached to the object, like it belonged to her.

Maybe it did.

The stone pulsed brilliantly with its blue light, and Autumn admired it until she heard Pitch coming back to the library. For some reason she was compiled to hide it. As if Pitch would take it away from her if he found it. She slipped it back into her pocket.

Pitch came in with burnt toast, as well as fruit. The one thing the two of them couldn't burn. Well, unless they were making fruit cake.

It was weird, to want to hide something. It wasn't like she hadn't hid things before. There were plenty of times where Autumn would leave without telling him. But that didn't feel the same. That wasn't hiding, it was just her doing as she pleased.

Autumn stole the fruit away, leaving the burnt toast to Pitch much to his dismay.

"You know, there's enough for you to share." Pitch remarked, eating a piece of the toast.

"Yea, but I'd rather not." She remarked, happily eating a strawberry. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well then, Firefly. That's the last time I make you anything." The girl only scoffed in response, as Pitch rolled his eyes at her. Of course she'd never take him seriously.

"Wanna play a card game?" Autumn asked, quickly getting up to grab one.

"If you really want to." Pitch sighed. Smiling Autumn gave him the cards to deal. Soon they were well into a game of five crowns.

Inside the girl's pocket, the gem glowed, unnoticed by either being.

A/N

Don't really know what this chapter is I kinda just wanted to write a interaction between them. Hope you guys enjoyed!

~ The Fallen Angel ~