༺ 12 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝐸 𝑅 𝐸 𝑁
━━━━

I lag behind Historia, Armin, and Jean as I'm not particularly interested in this date.

My mind has been continuously replaying Y/n's words over and over. She's not lying; I have been a real jerk and I'm not sure how I can make up for that.

To her, it seems like my mind has done a complete 180 overnight, but I know that that's not the case.

I wanted to get to know her, truly. But after our encounter all those months ago, I completely closed myself off from her. In all honesty, I thought I'd never see her again after that. And now that we are together again, my earlier affections for her have resurfaced.

Do I believe it's love at first sight? Highly unlikely. But what I do know is that from the moment I saw her, she piqued my interest.

For the first few days, it was easy for me to vent my resentment toward her because, in addition to being upset with her for not giving me a chance, I was also angry with myself for being a total jackass. Then, when she made all those disparaging remarks about me in the cafe, there was no chance in hell that I was going to let her off the hook.

I can feel my walls starting to break down, but each time one crumbles, she immediately puts up a wall like an automatic defense mechanism, and it's an endless loop.

Even now, I'm unsure of how to show her that I am undoubtedly interested in getting to know her.

The truth is my only option, but how likely is it that she'll accept it?

Maybe if I open up to her tonight, she'll let her guard down a bit. And that's all I can hope for right now.

"Keep up Jeager," Jean urges with a hint of attitude.

Whatever. He's just pissed because I stole her from right under his nose.

But I'm not in here to play nice.

I pay Jean no mind and instead divert my attention to Armin who's now fallen back from the group to talk to me. "Hey, Eren," he whispers. "You're unusually quiet. Is something on your mind?"

There's a part of me that contemplates telling him everything. I mean, I've known Armin since we were babies so I suppose I owe it to him to tell him, right?

So I do, or at least as much as I can in our short walk.

"I knew you liked her!" he whisper-shouts, hitting my arm a bit too hard due to his excitement.

"Keep it down," I chuckle, rolling my eyes in a humorous manner.

He sighs deeply. "As much as I want to see you happy, I'm afraid that you were too mean to her. It might be too late to try and make up for that. How do you think she feels? And what would everyone say about her for being with someone who was rude and nasty to her?"