Act One : Part Two

" Hera "

She heard a voice calling her name. Heat pinching on her skin. Soft crackling sounds filled her ears. She opened her eyes and see the fireplace burning with medium intensity. Wave crashing with each other violently and the moon looks scary with the bright red glow. She spotted a man sitting in front of her with his head hung low. He lifted his head and she believes that she just saw the most beautiful pair of blue eyes in her life. It is enchanting and extremely enticing.

Where are you ? Who is he ?

Several questions popped inside her head and she found nothing. Not even any answers or anything she could start with. As if her brain only held one important thing. Her name. Sudden wave of wariness and confusion hits her and she found herself panicking.

What happened ? Why does it feels so empty there inside her head ?

It is strangely quiet in her head and she feared something that she herself don't sure about. The siren sensed her distress and offered her the vial. He urged her to drink the substance and she found herself moving to her own accord. As if she even lose her sense of control and there is someone else taking over her brain. She gulped down the strangely sweet liquid which then help her to relieve the overwhelming feeling.

Who am I ?

Her imagination runs wild again. But in a better demeanour. She tightly held the blanket around her body as the cold wind suddenly blows. The warmth from the fire soon soothes the chilling breeze attempting to freeze her. The strange man in front of him remains unbothered. He only dressed himself with a simple white pant and a shirt paired with a huge dark green cloak. Her eyes begin to find any answer inside his eyes and he offered nothingness in his gaze.

" Who are you ? " she asked.

The siren let his gaze fall upon her face. He doesn't know what he should tell her anyway. Who is he to her ? Why she is here with him ? It's not like he could just simply say that he is the reason why she have zero recollection of her memories and in five days she will be taken away for unknown reason. He watches the horse tied to the palm tree squirming a bit. They should started moving by now. It takes half a day to get to the Forest of Berserkers and he should not keep the host waiting.

" Someone you should not trust "

He slowly packs all the scattered things, shoving everything into the bag. The dumbfounded girl only stares at his action. He gestured for her to stand up with his fingers and towards the horse's direction. She blindly followed him like a puppy. In a swift movement, he situated himself on the horse comfortably leaving the poor girl with further confusion.

" Where are we going? "

He grabbed her hand lightly catching her by the wrist before helping her to get on the horse. He grimaced at the sight of sun-shaped burn mark branded on the inside of her left wrist. Maybe he don't have to feel guilty for erasing her memories. He thought to himself. He slowly grip the rope and took one last glance at her bewildered face.

" Jung Wooyoung "

No answer to her question. His name. The Jung Wooyoung stayed silent the entire time since then and she only let herself felt defeated by the time the skies turning to shades of orange and pale red. The valley of dandelions that they rode through left a spooky impression to her. It is getting bright soon and she found a little comfort in her head being buried at the back of the strange guy. Regardless all the void in her head and heart, she felt safe to be where she is now.

The sun started to bite the skin on her face and she squinted her eyes as the horse came to a halt. They were at the front of a small palace. Right in front of a grey stone fountain launching murky dark water. The place looks abandoned and she started to feel shivers creeping on her veins. She noticed how the trees and branches guarding the palace all stretched and overlapped with each other creating a barrier or fortress. Protecting whatever lurking outside the barrier or the outside from whatever inside the palace.

He saw a figure dressed in a maroon cloak approaching them. By the time the siren helped her to reach the ground, she caught a glimpse of silver glint in the men's eyes. The man with the maroon cloak helped the siren to carry some items attached to the horse. With one swift move of his finger, the horse obediently left them towards the pointed direction. What is that ? She swore she saw glittery dust floating at the end of his fingers. Wooyoung grabbed her by the sleeve of her shirt as she stood still, unmoving.

" You just met the seer "

Her eyes followed the broad back of the proclaimed seer entering the palace with bags of items on his shoulder.

" Who are you ? No. What are you ? "

He ignored her once again. He placed his hand at her back ushering her to move towards the entrance. Her bare foot landed on the dark marble and she froze in her steps. It's too cold. Impossibly cold during the middle of the day. He noticed her reaction and only pushed her further without no care.

Dark. No lights. All curtains are down. The air is chilly inside and the only warmth that she could enjoy only happens to be a small lantern that Wooyoung carried himself. Few candles being lit at random places. Bright enough to not let them stumble on any stuff but quite dark to keep them alert with whatever hiding in the dark. The seer only leads them the way upstairs and she saw two figures standing at the top of the stair.

If devils are all beautiful then they must be a perfect example for it. Silver crown resting at the top of the taller man's head. Slightly shorter man at his side has the face of an angel but the dark wings behind him contrasted with his face. As they stepped closer to them, Wooyoung bowed to the grey eyed man in the crown and she can't help but imitate his action. Everything is so confusing to her.

" You are staying with her I assume "

The man with the crown spoke as Wooyoung hold her arm. Almost like protecting her. Maybe.

" Yes. I thought he told you about that already "

There's a hint of sarcasm intended in his words and she noticed how a flash of irritation glint in the eyes of the man with the crown. The dark-winged man next to him remained silent the whole time. Observing Wooyoung with caution.

" For what reason she is needed here for ? "

" That's for the seer and him to find out. I am merely here just to secure the business that I had with him "

" Not even Jongho will tell me. All I know that she belongs to the other land. With nothing inside her ... nevermind "

" He will retrieve her five days from now. I am afraid that you might feel highly uncomfortable because of our temporary stay. We will be gone soon Your Highness "

" Yeosang, please bring the lady to her room. As for you, you know your way here. Suit yourself. Any room is available for you to have "

" I'll have the one next to her. He told me to always keep my eyes on her "

" Very well then. What's your name miss ? Oh. How rude of me to ask you that. Do you even remember your name ? "

He openly mocked her. It is clear. She hesitantly parted her lips to answer his question but Wooyoung cut her off.

" She didn't remember her name "

" Yunho. I think that's enough. I think our guest here need to rest "

Yeosang immediately draw her and Wooyoung's attention to him before the conversation continues. Apparently it is obvious that Jung Wooyoung's presence slightly brought intimidation towards the man with the crown.

She stole one last glance as they ascends the stairs together. The tall man returns her gaze with indescribable meaning. She didn't wish to know. He felt familiar at some sense. Probably. Maybe she is just tired.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Suprise chapter. I was gone for so long because I keep changing the storyline and FINALLY I am done. It is all set now. Hope you guys love it.