seven

ho hey- the lumineers

it had been a few days since the huge kerfuffle at the shirley-cuthbert-baynard household. ruby got back with her parents, jerry and ruby dealt with their feelings better, and most importantly two young adults both admitted to themselves how they felt.

although they both were never gonna tell eachother.

it was a chilly november day when anne walked towards the entrance of her school. she had 'scar tissue- by the red hot chili peppers' blaring in her headphones.

everyone at school had a tendency to stare at her whenever she entered a room. ever since anne arrived in avonlea, shed always been the girl you either loved or hated.

now that she is almost a little bit more than best friends with the new popular boy, people talk. people do more than talk, they stare aswell.

and there he was. sitting on a bench, with his headphones in, the same way anne was. he was tapping his foot to the song. gilbert's hair fell on his forehead, framing his face to perfection.

"ahem, dr blythe is needed!" joked anne. trying to get his attention.

"shirley!! oh man you scared me..."

gilbert checked out her outfit for a moment. she was wearing a velvet underground t-shirt, paired with a black leather skirt. she wore black combat boots and had her hair messy.

breaking the silence, anne spoke "do you want to walk to class with me...? we have english."

  "i could never decline an invitation from shirley! let's go."

  the whole class had taken their seats. ms stacey decided to start the lesson.

"today, class, we will be starting a new project. we will be doing poetry reading! before you complain, this is a partnered project."

anne and gilbert made eye contact.

"you and your partner will choose a piece that speaks to you guys. something you both share the love for. luckily for you, i have created the groups. anne and gilbert, you will be together."

anne smiled at gilbert. anne was a poetry freak, so he was aware of the rollercoaster he was getting himself in to.

"let's finish working on this after school." class had already finished. time flies by when spent with people you love.

  he smiled at her. did anne really just invite gilbert to come over and work on a project together?

  oh boy was he a fool.

  "see ya then, shirley. but we still have the rest of school left."

  "oh yeah, whoops. forget for a second. totally forgot that we were trapped in this shit hole." anne had sarcasm rooted in her voice.

"nice shirley. let's go to lunch together, shall we?"

  "we shall."

  they interlocked arms and continued their way to cafeteria. they were skipping down the halls with no care in the world. most of the students they weren't friends with were under the impression that the two friends were dating.