Chapter 21: Final Chapter

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 21: Final Chapter

~*~*~*~*~

Gabby's |P|oint |O|f |V|iew

"Shit," I mutter to myself as I wipe my mouth with my forearm, arising from my knees and over to the sink.

Immediately, I began to brush my teeth. I just got through vomiting my entire breakfast.

It has been a month since I returned home and since the "incident". I was staying at my mother's place. I insisted that'd I'd be fine out on my own, but we all know how mothers can be.

The paramedics and policemen have stressed to me multiple times that on the night they found me. They only found me there that night no one else. But I know what happened and I know what I seen before blacking out.

Princeton was laying there with me, lifeless and blood oozing out from his punctured knife wound from where he stabbed himself. 

How could they have not found him when they found me? That's impossible!

The only explanation I could come to that could explain his absence was that Princeton wasn't really dead.

But I couldn't wrap my head around that possibility. I saw the blood. He was bleeding out. And I seen him actually stab himself.

He couldn't have faked his death... could he? It wasn't far fetched. He went from being regulated to a wheelchair to walking. He most likely pretended to be paralyzed to gain the sympathy and trust of others, but how could he have fooled the healthcare professionals? It didn't make any sense! None of this did.

I sighed exasperatedly and pushed these thoughts to the back of my head as I finished up in the bathroom and glanced at the time.

11:30 am.

I had an appointment with the doctor today at 12:00 to find out why, exactly, I was puking what felt like every six seconds. 

I hadn't told my mother because I didn't want her worrying any more than she already was. My mother was a little older and I didn't want to put that type of pressure on her. She wouldn't be able to handle it, on top of everything else.

I ended up french braiding my hair down to the side and slipping on a plain gray sweatshirt, a navy colored, thick scarf around my neck because I heard on the news that it was going to be a little chilly today along with a pair of navy blue sweats and a pair of gray Uggs to match.

I shrugged. I looked half way decent I suppose.

I grabbed my purse and phone and headed out my bedroom door. I tried tiptoeing past my mother who appeared knocked out on the couch, but of course I failed, miserably.

"Gabriela, where are you going sweetheart?"

I stopped dead in my tracks, slowly turning to face my mother who sat up on the couch, reaching for her tea cup.

"Oh, um, I was just going for a walk. I need some fresh air."

She nods and smiled tiredly at me as she got up and kissed my forehead.

"Alright sweetheart, please be careful. I couldn't bare the thought of losing you again." She strokes my cheek and stares at me in awe and concern.

I smile and kiss her cheek.

"I love you mama, I promise I'll be careful." I flashed her a reassuring smile as I left out the house feeling like a teenager again. Not a bad feeling at all.

~*~

I sigh heavily as I fiddle with the hem of my sweatshirt. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I had no idea what the hell was wrong with me or why I was vomiting so much.

Five minutes had passed since I had informed my doctor what was wrong with me. He then told me he was going to be running a few tests to see what specifically was wrong with me and that it shouldn't take that long.

I tried not to freak out and assume the worse, but I did anyway unfortunately.

"Ms. Sanders?" My head snaps up and I see my doctor, Dr. Clark reenter my room with an unreadable expression as he goes to sit down in his swivel chair.

"Yes?"

He smiles. 

"I have your test results. You don't have a stomach flu or any type of virus."

I let out a sigh of relief I did not realize I'd been holding in. 

"Thank goodness!" 

He pauses.

"Your pregnant."

My jaw dropped in complete and utter shock.

"What?"

"According to your blood tests, you are about seven and a half weeks along, well into your second trimester. Congratulations!" 

I gulped as my heart began to pound against my chest.

I was pregnant? Did I hear that right?

I couldn't seem to comprehend the news I had just received. Dr. Clark asked me if I was alright and I assured him I was okay, just a little shocked at the unexpected news. I couldn't believe I hadn't pieced two and two together. The probability that I was pregnant did not even cross my mind once even though I had what most would consider the classic signs.

I sat in my car in complete silence, I thought of who the father could be. It was pretty obvious.

Princeton.

I couldn't believe this... I was carrying his child, I was pregnant by my captor. And I had no idea where Princeton was or if he was even dead like I assumed he was or if he was still out there somewhere.

Truly, I had no clue when it came to Princeton. I couldn't be too sure about anything when it came to him.

Either way, I knew that I would have to figure this out on my own, somehow, someway.