Lies

**most rights reserved to marvel entertainment and Warner brothers**

PART 1
—————————————

Ava wakes up minutes before her alarm goes off. She starts picking out what to wear as she hums a tune that's been stuck in her head for the past 2 days.
Her dad walks in, or Owen, as she calls him by his first name because ever since these dreams started, she refused to address him with respect until he came clean about the truth.
Not that she knew what the truth was...but she could feel something was off.

This had been going on for weeks now. Ava had been questioning every little thing about her life. She would voice these questions to her teachers and piers, and especially to Owen. He never got exasperated but played along with the idea that the school's councilor gave him. She just missed her mother. In truth, Ava felt nothing for the woman who presumably died 7 months ago from brain cancer. According to her, Amelia didn't even exist and never had.

"Come on, it's time get ready. Do me a favor and wake Conner up for me when your done, breakfast is almost ready" Owen said while walking back out of the room.
He thought if he acted salty towards her for her accusations, that she would drop the subject.
But Ava only matched his energy and then quadrupled it.
She only stared him down as he walked out towards the stairs.
And Ava would have responded with some snarky comment about liars, traitors, and Owen's awful cooking skills, but she was to caught up in thoughts of her latest dream.

Flashback
Two girls are swinging on a play set in the back yard of a familiar house. One is Ava and the other is a bit older then her.
"When is nat coming back" Ava asked.
Before the other girl could answer a girl with blue hair comes out from behind the house whistling a special whistle to which both girls respond with their own specific whistle.

The blond girl gets off the swing set and goes into a backbend. Nat does the same and it turns into a contest.
Ava stays on the swing set watching them.

"I bet your gonna fall down first"

"No you!"

"Who's gonna fall first" nat yells, trying to include the youngest and quietest of the girls.

Ava just smiles at them with a mischievous sparkle in her eyes.

Natasha responds by making silly faces and sounds to get the little girl to collapse from giggling. It worked

They started chasing each other around the yard until Yelena falls down and scrapes her knee.

Ava watches as Natasha tries to comfort the hurt girl but a woman comes out to see what the crying is about and Yelena jumps into her arms.
Nat walks back over to Ava and they climb up into the canopy.

The woman brings Yelena over saying
"Your pain only makes you stronger, right you two" Addressing Ava and Nat.

"Look! Forest stars!" Interrupts Yelena excitedly.
"Yeah you know what, those are actually part of the lampyridae family, and the glow that you see, that comes from the chemical reaction called.. bioluminescence" explains the woman that Ava now recognizes as the girls' mother.
"Come on time for dinner"
"Bio-goomin-feasants?" Asked Yelena as they walk away
Mom giggles at her daughter"Bio-grooming-feasants, that's right"
"Dinner!!,
Come on, dinner, my girls!" She yells over her shoulder.
Ava and Nat stay looking at the fireflies for a second in wonder.
"Forest staaarrrsss" whispers Ava
Nat just laughs and drags her inside for dinner.

End flashback

Ava had her outfit picked out the night before so it took her about 10 min to get ready and go knock on her brothers door. She didn't even bother to wait, and walked in.
"Conner wake. Up. Wakeupwakeupwakeup"
"You have to do my hair" whines the 7 year old girl.
She was no where near the timid little version of herself that appears in her dreams.

Conner was already up and on his phone.
"Go away Ava I'm busy, go do your own hair"
He leaves to walk down stairs but Ava stops him
"your not wearing at THAT to school, are you?"

"What do you care, your seven! Stop acting like a Primadonna fashionista. What do you know about style"

"More than you jackass, considering I don't dress like Oscar the grouch"

Conner rolls his eyes and goes down stairs to the kitchen where dad is waiting with breakfast.
Ava follows him irritably.
"Hey dad, what does obtuse mean?" asked Conner as he stares at his phone.
"Like annoyingly insensitive" answers dad with the news on, quietly going over the latest events in the background.

"Has a girl ever called you obtuse?"

"Only your mother son"

*Ava rolls her eyes*

"Were you?"

"Well.. it can also mean..very slow to understand.
I think I was that"

"that makes more sense" says Ava, jumping into the conversation with a small smirk on her face.

"Just tell her you'll try harder"

"Yeah...I'm not about to take dating advice from you dad..no offense"

"Can girls have cooties for one more year while I mentally prepare for what's coming" Owen responds with a slight laugh.

"Hey!!" Exclaims Ava

The three of them finish off the breakfast sandwiches in silence.
Conner is busy on his phone while Owen turns his attention to the news with Ava listening in.

News reporter
"This is the scene in Fort Lauderdale at the home of FL district attorney where it is said that him and his family were killed in what fire officials are currently calling a gas line explosion."

The news doesn't shock Ava in the slightest. People die all the time. But considering it was a government official.. she highly doubted it was an accident.
What does confuse her is their dads reaction. He looks shaken, almost light headed and paler.
like he needs to sit down and drink a glass of water.

"Dad. you ok?" Asked Conner now just looking up from his device.

"Yeah. Yeah..come on we're gonna be late"

Ava and Conner jump up and grab their bags as dad puts the dishes in the sink and picks up the keys as he walks out the door behind the two kids.
—————————————————————————
I really hope anyone who might come across this
Will enjoy the first chapter.
The likelihood of me coming back and revising this is probably a good 99% chance.

Let me know if I should add more imagery because I'm not sure I'm real good with that.

Love: the author ♥️