Lover's Lake

Trigger/Content Warning - Sexual content

"I'm not really much of a swimmer," Eddie said, trying to hide his very real anxiety with a partly-true comment.

"Come on, Eddie. We're safe. I promise," Chrissy pleaded with him. She was holding his hand and tugging him towards the water.

"Oh, well, if you promise." He couldn't help it, he smiled at her and let her pull him along.

"I won't let anything bad happen to you," she said. "Now, give me your shirt."

Eddie was scared to go in Lover's Lake. The last time he'd swam in it he'd followed his new friends through a gate into hell where he'd almost died. The gate was closed, he knew that, but he was having a hard time shaking off the lingering fear. But Chrissy was waiting for him, hands on her hips, looking adorable, so he was trying to get over it.

Come on, he pushed himself. He pulled off his T-shirt and tried to avoid Chrissy's eyes as he handed it to her. He didn't want her to see that he was afraid. Not after everything she'd been through. "Here," he said sheepishly.

"Eddie!" he heard her gasp his name.

"What?" he asked, looking up, concerned. She stepped closer to him, a frown on her pretty face. He tensed when her fingers touched his torso gently.

"Your scars," she whispered. Little goose bumps rose on his skin beneath her touch.

"Oh... yeah," he said awkwardly. He rubbed his face, hiding from her gaze. "Not very pretty, are they?"

"Did the monster do this?" Chrissy asked, her voice shaking. They hadn't talked about what had happened to her, not since that day at school when he'd told her the monster was dead. Eddie didn't know how much she really believed was real. He couldn't know exactly what she'd been through, but Max and Nancy had both described what it had been like; to be under Vecna's spell. It had been horrible for them. Eddie noticed Chrissy's fingers were trembling as she started to pull her hand away. He caught her wrist, gently.

"It's ok," he said soothingly. "I'm ok."

"You almost died." Chrissy looked up at him, wide-eyed, and said it like it was a fact. Somehow she knew. Only his friends knew how close it had really been. But Chrissy had just guessed.

"So did you," he said.

"But you saved me," she whispered.

Eddie didn't know what to say to that. He hadn't, not really. They didn't really know why Chrissy had survived Vecna but they had guessed there were probably a lot of reasons. Maybe Vecna had been distracted. He hadn't killed in a long time, he'd been unprepared for her to escape, he'd chosen wrong, etc... With a lot of luck Chrissy had managed to find a way back on her own, even without music, and Vecna hadn't come back for her.

"How about..." Eddie drawled, trying to lighten the mood, "if you keep me alive in the water then we can call it even."

Chrissy looked at him carefully, then shook her head and smiled. "A promise is a promise," she said. Then, "Can you turn around?" she asked, pointedly.

"Oh, yeah." Eddie spun around quickly and felt himself blush. He busied himself stripping down to his boxers and tried his hardest not to think of Chrissy half-naked just a few feet behind him.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" Chrissy screamed, running towards the water. Eddie ran after her, trying not to drool at the sight of her smooth, grabbable legs. When Chrissy was waist deep in the lake the shirt she was wearing, his shirt, floated on the surface and for a moment he glimpsed her perfect bum before she dove under.

Get it together, Eddie scolded himself, before diving in after her.

The water felt so good. When he'd met Chrissy that morning for breakfast he hadn't known what she had planned for their day. They'd left her house in his van and she'd directed him along an old dirt road to a secluded part of the lake. He'd followed her like a puppy until he realized she wanted to swim. Then he'd been nervous. But just being around Chrissy, doing anything with her, was distraction enough.