The Heffley Dinner

When it's 30 minutes before dinner you stop looking through your phone and decide to get ready.

Your mom told you to dress kinda fancy to make a good impression that we are a good family. You put on a blue dress with some white chunky tennis shoes and some rose gold bracelets. When you arrive at the Heffley house you are greeted by Susan who smells like pot roast and carrots. You go take a seat at the table and just sit there. When the rest of the family comes down you feel very out of place cause everyone is wearing jeans and T shirts. You sit there and then all of a sudden Rodrick sits next to you. You both stare at each other for a second then he starts talking " Hey Y/N you look umm, fancy I think is the right word" You both laugh that awkward laugh to fill in the silence. All of a sudden Greg the middle schooler taps you on the shoulder and hands you flowers he picked from the garden. " Here you go madam," he says. You stare for a second and start laughing along with Rodrick. You take the flowers and say thanks while still dying laughing.When the dinner hits the table you get a big whiff of the smell of pot roast. The food Susan made was amazing. You hadn't had food that good because of the divorce. You finished your plate first and was getting up for seconds when all of a sudden Rodrick put his carrots on your plate. " I don't like carrots that much," He says smiling. You smile and sit back down and start eating the carrots. You get up to go wash your plate off in the sink. All of a sudden you hear Susan and Frank yelling really loudly at someone. You see Greg with his pot roast on the ground and half a shattered plate in his hand. You go back to your seat and sit there awkwardly as Greg gets yelled at. You ask your mom if you can go home because you are tired. It was 8;30 when you went home and you ran straight to bed. Falling asleep was difficult because it was a new and slightly creepy house. You hear a tap at your window. It's Rodrick. He throws up a note to your window then runs back to his house. The note had his number on it and it said to text him. You text him and tell him you are going to sleep and don't come up to your window anymore.