Chapter Nineteen

Malakai's leg jittered as he stared coldly at the other team that was across the field. Meanwhile, his popular group of friends cheered for him, supporting him. He didn't care, all he wanted to do was kill... but his mind, his mind was in this powerful and violent storm and all he could do was shake and shiver. Malakai's family came by to see him as well, cheering for him but Mr. Davis spotted a tired and tearful Venus. With some hesitation, he walks over to her and taps her shoulder, startling out of her thoughts,

"It's nice to finally see you after all these months. How have you been?"

"I've been okay, Mr. Davis..."

"Have you and Malakai been talking?"

"No, sir..."

"I see... Don't let that stop you from trying. He's... battling his own things. But I promise you that when he sees you, he'll wake up again. And he'll realize what he has done. But it isn't your fault, so don't blame yourself, alright?"

"Ok... Thank you, sir."

He smiled and walked back to the family who waved at the shy one. Venus kept her eyes on Malakai, even when the game started. Number 20 was him, and that's all she could focus on. During the third mark, the final one, Home and Away were tied on their scores. The tensions were high, and many of the onlookers sat on the edge of their seat, awaiting for this perfect and final moment as time ticked. Everyone got into formation, Malakai's family yelling from the bleachers, along with his friends. His eyes laid upon them and then a couple inches to the left of them was Venus. She stood there in the efforts to show her own support without being embarrassing, hugging herself in his hoodie and smiling, hoping to get a wave from him. She got more than just that. Malakai broke, snapped. The tick in his mind happened once more and it was the final one. His whole mind breaking through the chains and ropes of the induced, feeling free... finally free. 

Malakai stood up from his position, keeping his eyes on Venus, not realizing the game started and has been tackled to the ground by the opponent, crashing to the ground. This stunned everyone, but Malakai was quick to get up and tackle the man so hard to the ground, his helmet spilts open upon impact. He kept running, open for the football to which his teammate threw at him. And then he ran once more, running and running, feeling free but furious. The memories of Venus consuming him, her laughter, her smile, her innocence. The sense of his control over her. The sense of protecting her. Memories of him being forced to watch videos of Venus being beaten, and the sight of her being abused by her mother and father... No.... No he needs to be like this... he needs to continue to be like this, he needs Venus. And Venus needs her.

Two players of the opposing team proceeds towards him, running at full speed, but Malakai took them down both, sending them flying into the air until they crashed onto the ground, breaking at least two or three bones in the process. Malakai continued, making to the end of the field still gripping the ball and then...

Euphoria flowed in the air, the crowds screamed and cheered. Confetti flew amongst the air and Venus marveled at the sight but Malakai stare at her. The most beautiful sight in this entire rain of excitement. Despite his team hugging one another in excitement and jumping at the fact of there first win, Malakai... Malakai wants Venus. He didn't care about anything, nothing. He didn't care about the first win in history, he didn't care about the hugs that were given to him and the cheering of his family and friends, no... instead, he walked amongst the crowd and off the field into the locker room. Venus quickly followed him. Once she entered, she was by herself, unable to locate the man she loved very much.

"M...Malakai?" She called out, walking around the lockers to find no one, until his arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her in.

The sudden hold startled her, making her yelp before feeling comfortable. He kisses her neck gently, humming at her scent happily, before turning her around to face him. They stared at each other for what felt like decades before he pushes her into a locker, locking her in a kiss. Deep, passionate, and hungry, Malakai... the real one... felt incredibly needy for his lover as Venus did too. Kissing back, she places his hands underneath her flowing, loose dress, showing him that she is his. She moaned out his name, wanting more of him, which lead to some tears releasing from her eyes. They stopped and looked at one another again. Tears become heavier as Venus hugs Malakai, crying into his chest. He felt the same way, letting his own tears flow to as he realized he hurt her deeply... but it won't happen again... it won't happen. He won't abandon Venus. He will never abandon her, never leave her side, never leave her lonely.

He placed his forehead against hers, trying to relax each other,

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. Venus, I love you, I still do... You have no idea what you make me feel, make me do... I can never EVER leave you. Please forgive me."

Venus whimpers in happiness and relief,

"I love you, Malakai... I love you so much! Forgive me for being selfish... I'm the one that hurt you."

They held each other, rocking each other back and forth. Despite the loudness from the outside, it was so silent around the both of them. It felt good, calm, and warm. Malakai finally has Venus, and Venus is finally with Malakai... but it isn't over. He stared at himself in the mirror while hugging her. Analyzing himself, his face falling to stillness and his eyes going dark. It wasn't over and Malakai knew what he must do to lock Venus in with him forever.

The win still followed the school the week after such win took place. Malakai was constantly bombarded by a bunch of girls wanting his autograph. Malakai held a smile on his face and held it high. Venus felt the same way, dressing up more openly and looking more approachable as well as changing up her hairstyle. This sudden shift of view of Venus made Malakai chuckle at times, because of how hypocritical they are. How meaningless, it's too late though, Malakai already had his mind set. It stunned everyone in his group when Malakai stated he wanted to plan a party the day before graduation because Malakai never liked or joined parties that his ex, Charlie, would plan out.

He smiled at their shocked faces,

"I feel like I've been so reclusive and so... unsociable. It's lame, I wanna leave this high school doing something I've never done before. Something that can make a lasting mark on this shitty ass town! Almost traumatize the community, in a way." Malakai smiled.

"Well then, Kai! I'm loving this new you!" Juliette cheered.

"Me too!" Mina chimed in.

"What time will the party start?" David asked

"Hmm, 9 pm"

Malakai chuckled before walking away for them to plan, dropping his face in disgust. As they planned their final party, Malakai looked over the house that Charlie would always rent out,

"At least she had taste. This is beautiful, what a shame... but I can't put the rental under my name. I'll have to put that on someone else..." 

Malakai walked in and looked around carefully, finding the key piece of the house and analyzing it. A gas line, but It wouldn't be enough to cause the affect he wanted, so he needed to find a couple more gas related appliances that can create a leak. He chuckled at the already evident corrosion around the pipes in the basement. He continued on to the gas stove in the kitchen, as well as other appliances before leaving the house, appointing David, a friend of his as well as teammate, to rent the house out under his name. As for Venus, she walked happily amongst the halls. Malakai has bought her clothes that she has always dreamed of wearing, and has commanded her to keep her hair tamed and well-kept to avoid losing it. Malakai has also discuss moving out and into the neighboring town with Venus, which made her extremely ecstatic and jumpy. Venus has never felt more happier, all her worries and fears, guilt and blame have washed away because of Malakai and she couldn't ask for anything else.

Upon approaching her locker, Venus was startled by a paper that fell from the locker door, but after a sigh, she reaches down to pick up the paper and reads it with a wide smile forming at every word she took in.

"A party invitation... from Malakai!"

Venus jumped up and down in excitement before continuing her read,

"'The party will start at 10:45 pm and to dress casual' Oh gosh, oh gosh! YAY! ok... breathe Venus, breathe! This could be a set up... but it's from Malakai. Malakai wouldn't set me up. Oh! I'm so so excited, what do I wear!?"

Venus jumps in a circle with excitement not knowing that Malakai was watching her from a far with a wide smile, enjoying her beautiful self.