Author's Note

Thank you all so much for reading this trilogy!

If you've been here from the start then you know this was a SERIOUS work in progress and took me forever to finish.  The Maze Runner swelled in popularity was I was SO young and now to think that I'm finishing Ari and Minho's story almost eight years later is crazy.  It's definitely been a journey.  

The Maze Runner is such a comfort series for me as are all these characters.  I seriously love them to death and it's a series that I reread over and over again.  I don't think I'll ever outgrow them.  I've had so much fun working through this project, even if writing can be so frustrating at times.  But over these eight years, here's what I think I can take away from all these characters:

Ari:  You can still be brave even when you're terrified out of your wits.  And it's okay to let your walls down sometimes and allow people in.  

Minho:  Loyalty is important.  It takes courage to be strong and stand by your friends even when facing certain death.  And sarcasm is always the answer. 

Thomas:  Don't be afraid to ask questions, explore and be curious.  You might not always solve a problem the first time but giving up is never the answer. 

Newt:  Sometimes you have to be the peacekeeper.  And the sensible one.  But most importantly, slow down and take time to analyze a situation.  Having a plan is always good. 

Teresa:   Sometimes when we do what we think is right, not everyone agrees.  It's hard to choose between personal feelings and moral duty. 

Frypan:  Food is life.  Food is important.  Always protect the food. 

Chuck:  Sometimes the unexpected happens and you survive an entire trilogy when originally you died in the first book. 

I'm going to miss these characters and writing this series.  Thank you all for continuing to push me to write and develop this trilogy.  I never could have done it without such dedicated readers.  

-Megan Black