Diamonds and Crystals

Panic rang up among the streets. People were getting out of their cars, pointing up at the bridge. A police chopper was on the scene as well. Their troops had their eyes set on the culprit in question, which was a mysterious suspect in a trenchcoat with 4 mechanical arms. Two of the arms were holding a person each, a man in one hand and a woman in the other. The figure was climbing straight up and reaching the top. The terrified couple stopped trying to break free for fear of falling straight to their deaths.

"You're making a big mistake! We owned you! We sheltered you, fed you, made you who are because of OUR influence and funds and THIS is how you repay us, you ungrateful little brat?!" the woman shouted venomously, only to get slammed against the hard surface of the bridge.

"Silence! You obviously have no right to call yourselves parents," Octavia hissed back. The vengeful, experimented daughter finally reached the top of the bridge and pinned them down. "I've endured your disgusting, hideous, abusive behaviors for so long, I've decided to give you a taste of your own medicines! Now you're gonna know what it's like... to be forced to live a life with strings!" As Octavia made this threat, her vacant mech tentacle made a horrific pinching gesture, which freaked out her parents.

"No! You... You can't! We own you!" her father scowled.

"You try anything on us, we will have your head!" her mother said venomously, only for both of them to be squeezed even tighter than before. Threatening their "puppet" only seemed to anger her further. Octavia walked over onto the edge of the bridge and dangled her parents over the ocean, freaking them out. The people below the bridge could barely see what was going on, but could make out two adults being dangled over the bridge and panicking over them about to be thrown off.

Just when the "cruel puppet masters" were let go, you swung into action over the bridge and caught the couple with your webs and yanked them over to your shoulders. "Hey, look what I caught, I oughta go fishing around here more often?" you quipped with a laugh.

With them safely in your hands, you swung back onto the bridge and set the two down on the sidewalk, but then almost got slapped by the woman, only for her hand to be blocked by you. "Hey, whoa, whoa, I saved your hide and this is how you thank me, lady?" you asked. But the woman just kept trying to slap, you, but you kept moving away before backflipping onto the bridge. "You're obviously suffering from PTSD, Post Traumatic Spidey Disorder, so I'll let this go and get back to my job." ...no comment on that quip.

Without wasting a beat, you climbed up the bridge quickly and even web-zipped upwards a couple of times, evening running up the thing before reaching the top.

Too bad you didn't react enough to get grabbed by a mechanical arm. "OOF!!! What the?!" you strained to say before you were thrown hard onto the roof of the bridge. "Now that's a throwdown." you grunted before being lifted up from the ground and met eye-to-eye with the assailant. Only, you couldn't see their eyes, due to the goggles they were wearing. But you can tell she's pissed.

"How... DARE you! Why would you let those vermin live?!" she asked, fuming.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but human beings aren't vermin, they're not even close to pesticides, even thought they can be greedy sometimes, but still... what exactly your beef with this couple!" you strained as you broke free of her grip and backflip kicked her away, sending her flying into the air. You land on your feet and spun a web from each of your hands, planting them on her and yanking the lady down. She grunted in pain before her mechanical arms picked her up and grabbed you tightly.

She pulled you towards her, restraining your arms, hanging them in the air while she punched you in the face left and right and then threw you off the bridge.