Chapter 1

Gwen

My eyes slowly flutter open in a dimly lit room. I stagger up from laying on the ground. In front of me laid 8 different kids. The room was dark and musty. The rotten egg odor stuck to my skin like a slimy paste. The only furniture was a mirror. My mind flashes back to the painful memory of the orphanage hall with the mirror at the end. I started thinking about Ms. Harrison, who took care of me for the past 11 years, the mean cat who scratched me when I was just three, and my best friend, Missy who got adopted and left me. A wave of jealousy and pain struck me. She was the only thing keeping me sane in that wretched place, and still she abandoned me for a better life.

My mind came back to reality. Where am I? A girl with dark chocolate-colored hair, who wore a yellow striped shirt and ripped jeans was on the floor. Her Intelligent, green-blue eyes open.She rises from the floor gracefully. She glances at me, though her eyes scan the room. What is it? I thought. There's nothing here. I thought. I tried to make eye contact, but she just wouldn't look at me. Maybe she had trust issues, or maybe something's wrong with me. All my self-doubt came back to me with surprising force. Too ugly, they said. Too Weird. Could I ever feel wanted? I push all the thoughts to the back of my mind.

Next, a girl with dark caramel hair and hazel eyes woke up. She had on a hoodie and gray athletic leggings, and unlike the first girl, she wasn't that shy. In fact, she stands up and starts to kick another girl who looks like her. The other girl was her twin. The twin was wearing a white shirt with green sleeves, light blue jeans, and was laying on top of

"Wake up Lizzy! Oh, I'm Tori, by the way. Wassup." The girl in the hoodie starts poking her sister, trying to wake her up.

"What do you want?!" says Lizzy, still half asleep.

"Why did you wake me? It isn't even nine o'clock," Lizzy says.

"Some randos kidnapped us," replies Tori confidently.

"Who are these people?" Lizzy asks.

"Sorry my twin is a little grumpy in the morning," Tori turns her head to us.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh you're so annoying," Lizzy says.

"See what I mean?" Tori asks in a frustrated tone.

The girl with the blue-green eyes just stares at them.

"I'm Lizzy, what's your name?" says Lizzy

The girl with the green-blue eyes stared me down until I thought my soul would deteriorate.

"I'm Gwen-n, Nice to meet you-u" I stuttered, still too intimidated to speak.

"And I'm wondering if we should wake the others up." The green blue-eyed girl says with a surprising shyness"Too late, I'm up. You guys are loud." says the boy with blonde hair, sea-green eyes, and self-assured smirk. He was wearing swim trunks and a Nike shirt "I'm Kyle."

"Who's Kyle?" says Lizzy.

"Who do you think, maybe the one who said his name was Kyle?" Tori replies.

"Who are all of you?" Kyle asked the whole group, but his gaze was on the girl with green-blue eyes.

"Bl... I mean Cat" she responds.

"The dumb one over there is Lizzy, and I'm Tori, the significantly more likeable one," Tori says.

"Me? Dumb? You're the one who got an F in Math," snaps Lizzy.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh I thought we agreed not to talk about that," Tori snaps back.

At that moment, two boys stagger up off the ground; one with fiery red hair, and the other with long dark hair. The latter of the two has raven-colored wings that make him look sort of like a fallen angel.. Somehow when standing up they hit their head on each other. They both sit down.