CHAPTER ONE

it was 1985, the sun was hot, but juno was hotter

it was 1985, the sun was hot, but juno was hotter. he was currently at work in family video, it was a nice job. kind of slow, pacing, it was usually on the weekends and nights where it got the most busiest. but juno didn't mind, it was just him and keith after all, but everytime juno's at work, he counts the minutes to when it ends just so he can drive himself to the new starcourt mall.

it was a new attraction that opened up this summer, and the one and only steve harrington worked at their ice cream shop called scoops ahoy!, juno found the name kind of ridiculous but thought the uniform that steve had to wear was cute.

juno's new friend, robin also worked there. the two had met at school in the fall after everything with will. so when both robin and steve told juno they got the job, he decided to take it in his hands to introduce the pair.

"you have to stop calling here" juno said on the phone

"work is slow"

"it is almost the fourth of july"

"meaning?"

"lots of people go to the beach instead of just going to the mall"

"no, that would mean more people should be at the mall, getting things for the fourth of july"

juno rolled his eyes in annoyance before hearing robin's voice in the background: "hey, i need your help up front!"

steve shouted back he be there in a minute, but juno said he was gonna let steve go before hanging up.

juno groaned before hearing keith from behind him: "hey, i need you to do the closing shift"

"what? no, i can't"

ever since keith became manager, juno hated it

"why not? you got someone you need to make out with?"

"gross, no, i just have plans...with friends"

"sorry, but no one else can, and i am the manager" keith said before walking away

"no one else can because there is no one else!" shouted juno

the teen groaned, but that meant once keith was out, and if it was slow, juno could close earlier than intended. but till then, juno went about his day, stacking up returned videos, and helping customers with returning videos and taking out videos.

a thirteen year old tried to rent out a rated R movie, juno scared them into thinking that the police would find out he was watching a rated R movie, and would come to his house and arrest him and his parents. the boy ran out crying.

once keith left, juno looked at the time, it was currently 8:00, if he starts his closing shift tasks now, he can finish at least at 8:30, meaning that he could close and leave to starcourt mall. so juno got a start, and just like he predicted no one really came in. it was extremely slow.