The Nighttime Sightseer

I laid on my bed later that night, still beat from what happened earlier that day with that odd sand serpent and the addition of a new member of our small group. As I rolled over to face my dresser I noticed an odd bag, one the same brown hue with spikes all over it similar to the serpent. I would be lying if I didn't say I was confused on how or why it was there, was it its treasure? A prize for its defeat? Did one of the others bring it up to me when I hadn't notice? 

As I picked it up, I finally realized how heavy the small bag was. Wondering what was inside, I finally opened it only to be given a wide-eyed expression from myself. 

I muttered in worry of accidently waking the others, "Woah... what IS all of this?" I began to dig around the continents of what was inside. For its size, there was a variety of different things: shells, weapons, and even small shimmery shards that gleamed a gorgeous blue in the moonlight that seeped through my curtains. It almost seemed as if it was... endless, and it was most certainly larger on the inside that what it appeared to be on the outside. Finally, I decided to pull one of these items out, and the item in question was a small brown dagger with a miniature blue gem on the handle of it.

"Who even put all of this stuff in here? More importantly... how does it even fit in here- I mean look at this! this is bigger than my own hand!" I exclaimed to myself, almost as if I was talking to somebody else. 

As I tried swinging the dagger, or in this case stabbing the air, small electric blue sparks flew out of the little gem. Of course, this startled me as I embraced myself for little them to land on me. But to my fortune, they didn't appear to be any harm as they landed on me and slowly fizzled out of existence. 

"Well then, I believe that's enough of that!" I whisper-shouted, gently setting it down onto the dresser besides the endless bag. As I did so, my eyes drifted over to the moonlit sword, caked in dust I must add, sitting in the corner almost begging to be picked up. Despite it not having eyes, it felt like a cold stare was glaring at me as I looked at it, as the main silver blade gleamed in the lighting, with the two shorter blades on the sides of it lay slightly duller as the light refused to hit them. While I looked at it more from the bed, more and more dust slowly landed onto its grip, gems dotted all over the pitch-black cross-guard, with formed into "wings" at the very ends. The Pommel twisted into a sharp golden point, as if it was a small dagger of its own. It was almost unbelievable to as I thought more about how that sword was the same one that lady had stabbed me in the shoulder with. The same one which its power pulsed out of it even if it had never been used. 

I snapped out of its gaze as I flopped over, now laying down on my side. However, it never broke its sight with me, as I could almost feel it... watching me. If it wasn't with me and it was up for anybody to grab, it would be a free for all for whoever could achieve it, which would most likely lead to catastrophic events. To me, all the monsters that ever come by want it, as they always try to reach this very room. After continuous thoughts of the blade, as if it had entered my mind, I drifted off to sleep with nothing left in my brain as all those thoughts left almost instantly.  

_________________^~[^*^]~^___________________

"Elena? Are you feeling alright?" Ryan greeted me, bringing my sword with him. I squinted at him, still rather drowsy. 

"Yea... I'm alright... wait, is that my sword?" I asked once I finally realized the item that he was holding was not his bow. I stretched, finally letting my wings be relived of most of the tension of being folded. 

He nodded, "Yup! I cleaned it off for you, the blade was covered in blood... so were your clothes that you left on the dresser-" So that's where they went, I thought. He handed me the glimmering enchanted sword and the neatly folded clothes.