Chapter 1: The only friend left.

In the year of 2138 an era of virtual reality games using the system known as Neural Nano-Interface was thriving and in the center of it was was a game known as YGGDRASIL. A DMMO-RPG game where you could play as hundreds of different races and almost endless ways of customizing a character.

But still most players still choose to play as humans although that wasnt the case for everyone. Especially for one of the top guilds in the game, known as the guild of Ainz ooal gown. A guild fully made of Heteromorphic player avatars and they used their unnatural appearances to their advantage to look like a guild of villains. The guild at it's peak had 42 players but soon after a decline in popularity of the game almsot everyone left only leaving 5 players still playing the game, some more or less than others. But there was always one player who determinely still kept playing, the guild leader Momonga. 

But one day the games shut-down was announced and after a few days the night of the end for the game was upon them. 

---

Momonga was sitting on his chair at the end of a large table nervously waiting for anyone to apear but was slowly loosing hope. His friend and guild mate, Hero-hero had just logged out for the night. It saddened Momonga that almost no one came to their guilds last moments even though they had spent so much time, money and energy on everything. But he still decided to one last time check his friends list if anyone was online and to his supprise an old fammiliar name was shining green on the menu list. 

---

I had finally come home from the hospital and my last check up on my injuries so now I finally had time to play games! But when I came to the middle of my room I realized. I have no idea what I should play? I started my computer and looked around for anything that interested me until the sound of a trucks wheels screeching outside my house caught my interest. I looked out my window and the only thing I could see in the dark night was the said truck and old small red car that was very close to hitting the truck.

I sighed at but right when I was about to turn back to the screen I noticed my NNI gear and a game came to thought. YGGDRASIL. But I also remembered a small article about its shutdown this midnight and the clock was already 11:38 so I got the headset on as fast as I could and booted up the game again. After a few seconds the lights flickered on and I was gone to my old world of adventures.

When my vision had calibrated I looked around and realized I was in the throne room at the end of the hall right next to the exit door. At the end of the throne room I saw several of the floor guardians standing still but I didn't think of it much.  The doors were very large yet it didnt seem so big because of my avatars height. I looked around at my body and my clothes, I had a very large white robe that was covered in golden patterns and other small ornaments. But my body was the thing I was most supprised about. I stood around 230cm tall and from what I remember my race was Insect.

My body was covered in large almost armor like plates in many different sizes depending on where my joints were supposed to be like behind my knees for example. I had long arms and legs but when I moved there was no sound of my plates scraping againt eachother which was a good thing so I didnt have to hear that everytime I moved a muscle. My whole body was coloured almost in a golden colour although it was not shining as much.

I couldnt see my face so I decided to walk out and search for a mirror while looking for any other players still playing here. I was just outside the meeting room when I saw a mirror next to the doors so I went infront of it almost having to bend down a little to see my face. 

At first I was startled at my appearance before calming down. My head was like the combination of a Bobbit worms head and a centepedes head. I had several black eyes yet it worked as if I had normal eyesight as a human. After having a good look I went over to the door and opened it only to see a single person sitting at the table. Our guild leader and if not one of my best friends that I've ever made online, Momonga.

Momonga: Joshino! I never thought I'd see you ever again in YGGDRASIL! Im actually very happy you came, I didn't expect any more of our old friends to come.