𝟓| 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER FIVE:

COMING TO DINNER

VOICES ALL AROUND the school hallways could be heard as people spoke to one another while walking through the halls, their shoulders accidentally bumping into others if the hallways were too crowded

VOICES ALL AROUND the school hallways could be heard as people spoke to one another while walking through the halls, their shoulders accidentally bumping into others if the hallways were too crowded. Lockers could be heard shutting and closing as the students got ready for their next class that was on the way.

The, who are considered to be the nerds, could be heard talking about the newfound heroes around New York who were stopping crimes and that the police weren't a fan of the heroes, who both seemed to be like spiders with their abilities and the webs they shot out. In the hallway, at her sister's locker, Y/n held her books in her arms as she listened to her sister ramble.

The night before, after being caught by Gwen about her new hero identity, she had explained what happened at Oscorp and Gwen had promised to keep it a secret, considering the police were looking for her and her new partner, especially their father, who was the NYPD captain trying to look for them.

Noticing the familiar brunette walking by, Y/n rushes to catch up with him, leaving Gwen to stare with a small smirk as Peter looked up when he noticed Y/n beside him, taking off his hood as they greeted one another.

"Where you headed?" Y/n asks.

"Uh, Monday, B track." Peter replies.

"Oh, it's Thursday." Y/n tells him, glancing at his eye. "What happened to your eye? It looks bruised."

Peter shrugs. "Oh, maybe I got a rash or something."

"It's pretty bad. Have you gone to the nurse?" Y/n questions, receiving a nod. "Do you like branzino? Like, a fish."

Peter hums. "I know."

"Well, if you want..." Y/n begins, grabbing her pen and writing down her address on a piece of paper. "...you can come to this address at eight o'clock tonight. My mom's making branzino. Oh, it's apartment 2016. I didn't write that part down."

"I'll remember it." Peter assures, looking down at the paper in his hand.

Smiling and nodding in response, repeating the numbers again just in case, Y/n turns around and walks off just as the bell rings, leaving Peter to stare at her retreating figure before he heads to his own class.

***

It was quiet, other than the muffled honks from the vehicles all over the streets as people tried to get somewhere, some honking if they were gonna be late for something. Slowly, the sun had started setting, leaving part of the sky a distant orange-pink-like color that some eyes liked to admire for how pretty it was.

In her bedroom, Y/n found herself looking through her homework, pen in hand as she tried to finish up her homework before dinner, hoping that a certain brunette took up her idea of coming to her place for dinner.