Chapter 3: Break Yet?

Constant pressure can make, and it can break.

After a tough first week , the freshman duo was ready for a nice weekend. It was early in the morning and it was raining outside when Alina's alarm went off.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"YES!! It's Friday Nina!" Alina shouted as she hopped out of bed with excitement, nailing the landing this time.

"Finally, it's Friday." Nina said with relief.

"Today's gonna be a good day; with or without the rain!" Alina said looking out the window.

"I'm happy it's Friday but I really don't want to wear those ponchos." Nina responded getting up and rubbing her eyes.

"I wouldn't say they're that bad Nina." Alina said smiling.

Nina and Alina got ready for class. They ate a great breakfast of eggs, biscuits, and tea; cleaned up their breakfast mess, and packed their book bags.

"Got your poncho Nina?" Alina asked.

"Yep! Though, these standard issue ponchos aren't really the best. They're pretty much just brown trash bags." Nina said jokingly.

"Yeah. Better to be kind of dry than wet." Alina joked back.

 Alina checked her pockets to make sure she had her bullet and Nina made sure to grab her hat. After their final checks they headed out the door to practice.

"So what do you want to do this weekend?" Nina asked Alina, anxious for the weekend.

"We are probably going to have some homework to do, but how you feel about going out and shopping?"

"Yeah, that sounds like fun!"

"We can look at the ships schedule but I'm pretty sure it'll stop at a port every weekend for the next couple of weeks." Alina informed Nina.

"Awesome! What do you want to go shopping for?"

"Anything to be honest; clothes, room decorations, class supplies, books, food, whatever you want to shop for."

"Lets do all of them!" Nina said excited

Alina smiled and giggled. "Ok, lets do it!"

When they got to practice, it looked like a normal morning practice. With the rest of the day filled with the usual stuff they've been learning the past couple of days. After sensha-dō in the morning, they had a crew member specialty class, lunch, basic military strategy, and then their combined common classes. In their Sensha-dō class, they learning tank maneuvers, as well as some weapons training and battle formations. In their crew specialty class, the crews would split up into whatever crew member type they were, driver, gunner, commander, radio operator, or loader and have a course designed specifically for them. A basic military strategy class teaching the evolution, application, and types of strategy. Then, finally, their combined common courses. 

Right before they were dismissed from their last class, an announcement was made over the speakers.

 "All Sensha-dō freshman, report to the practice field immediately, you are dismissed from class." said the voice over the intercom. "I repeat; all Sensha-dō freshman, report to the practice field benches immediately, you are dismissed from class."

So all the Sensha-dō freshman headed off to the bleachers. Thankfully, by this time of day, the rain had stopped. Nina saw Alina walking to the bleachers, so she went over to her and they walked together the rest of the way.

"What do you think this is about?" Nina asked.

"I'm not sure, but I have a bad feeling about this." Alina responded looking a bit concerned.