chapter 6.

MADDY'S POV:

I sleep; still bothered from the night before. Jim, Neutron, Mickey, Pedro, and I had stayed out all night. Jim and I had went off eventually and did our own thing if you know what I mean. I continue to toss and turn until hearing a few loud yells coming from just above my room.

It sounded like Jim but I couldn't make much of it. I sat up and harshly rubbed my eyes. I looked down at my arm and slightly frowned, now remembering all the smaller details from last night. My thoughts were interrupted by another loud yell. Which sounded of Jim's mother. I huffed and lightly rolled my eyes, wondering if he had got us busted. I get up fully, throwing on a random shirt from my floor, a pair of jeans, and a old pair of black converse.

It's about noon so there's no one home. I head out the door and quickly run up the stairs to Jim's apartment. I nervously knock on his front door and his mom answers looking distressed. I lightly and sarcastically smile at her as if already knowing both of us are about to receive the longest lecture possible. She nods her head signaling for me to come in. I step in and she closes the door behind me. " I have a feeling you might have something to do with this." She says with a almost disappointed tone. I gently gulp as she leads me to the bathroom where I see Jim over the toilet puking his brains out. I lightly gag and look away. He looks up at me with a sad but embarrassed face.
I kneel down beside him and gently rub circles into his back — reassuring him that it's okay. He lightly smiles and I return that smile. I knew we had fucked up but I didn't know we fucked up this bad.
His mom looks at us with a sad yet confused face. I look up at her, genuinely feeling sorry and wishing this would all go away. Little did I know, it wouldn't get much better after this.

After getting Jim cleaned up and into some newer clothes, we both sit on his bed. Him against the head board and me just sorta by the edge. I watch his face as he writes in his diary journal thing or whatever you wanna call it. I examine every facial feature of his. How he gently bites his bottom lip as he writes, how he lightly scrunches his nose and eyebrows as he rereads his own writings. I look down thinking about his laugh, his smile, his hair, and how he runs his hands through his hair when he's hot. I look back up with a light blush on my cheeks to see he's already looking at me. "What?" I gently laugh. He smiles lightly and shakes his head. He continues to look at me and signals his hand for me to sit closer to him. I look at him and get up, now sitting right by his side.

He looks down at me and I look up at him. My eyes — once again, wonder his face. From his eyes, to his cheeks, to his nose, and finally to his lips. When I look back up at him to realize he's already looking at mine, my heart almost stops.
———————————

I've decided I'm going to be updating more frequently but with shorter chapters. I hope you guys don't mind. I love you all so much ꧂