Only one way out

Ivy's POV

The little tomte sat on my head like how my pet axolotl would have.. i missed him so much. I was riding misty going through the fog peacefully. Suddenly i heard some strange noise coming from a distance.. we stopped. "Is that another squirrel tomte?" I whisper. The tomte shooked his head. "I think i recall squirrels living on trees!" He chuckled. I blushed from my stupidity. Now the noise became louder and louder. Like a Psychrolutes marcidus ( blob fish ) walking on land...if they had legs of course . Finally the creature came onto view. It was as tall as a tree, it was green in color and looks like walking goo. It looked humanoid but seemed as if googly eyes were pasted on it. It seems like it was deaf. Misty shrieked and dropped us and fled the site. The creature made a high pitch shriek. The tomte jumped off my head and screamed "LEAVE" "no... i cant leave you!" I cried out as he used his magic to creat a distraction. The creature charged at tomte as he said "Tell Aidan and phoebe that i was happy to be their friend friend" He created a purple path towards north. Follow the trial to safely as the creature grabbed on the tomte. I ran as tears fell from my eyes..

Phoebes POV

"It's all pointless Phoebe, it's gonna catch us on any second.." said Aidan losing hope. "Your right.. only if there's a way" I said. "There's always a way.. my father always told me that! Wait.. isn't it blind? Maybe we can cause a distraction!" I nodded and confidently said "I remembered that I packed some gold coins.. maybe we could distract it with them!" Aidan happily smiled. He slowed us down as I threw the coins. The creature went to the other direction as we slowly went forward. "What now? We must have lost our way.." Aidan trialed off. Then suddenly just as Aidan said that a purple trial appeared. "Tomtes magic!! They must be close by.. Let's go!"