39

"Deer or mountain lion?"

"Mountain lion."

"Of course you would say that." Aimee rolled her eyes, poking Jasper on the cheek.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked with a grin, pulling Aimee over with one hand until she was sat on his lap.

"Of course you would pick a mountain lion." She whispered, moving back the messy pieces of hair on his forehead.

"Well, they're just better." Jasper answered, closing his eyes and wrapping his hands around her waist.

"You just like the chase." She said, pulling back to look at him.

"I love the chase." He replied, leaning forward to capture her lips until he gently bit her lip. Aimee ran her fingers through his hair until they heard Charlie leave.

Aimee pulled back unwillingly, "We should go ask how it went."

Jasper tightened his grip, but Aimee looked at him with narrowed eyes and he let go. Aimee dragged him to stand up, and they made their way outside.

They stood by the door as Charlie drove off, then Bella and Edward turned around.

"Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint." Jasper said, looking impressed as he placed his arm around Aimee's waist.

"I'm not sure she is newborn," Emmett said, his face teasing, "she's so tame."

"Don't antagonise her, she's the strongest in the house." Aimee smirked, watching Emmett shake his head.

"Please." He cracked his knuckles, his eyes narrowed with competitiveness.

Bella looked at him, like she was about to take on his challenge.

Five minutes later, the Cullen family ended up in a clearing, where Emmett carried a large boulder and placed it on the ground.

Everyone was gathered around, circling Bella and Emmett.

"My bet is on Bella." Aimee said loudly, and Emmett looked betrayed.

"Do you not believe in me?" He asked, holding out his hands.

"Nope." Aimee smiled, wrapped up in Jasper's arms, who just laughed.

Both vampires put one hand behind their back and one of the hand, joining together. Emmett smirked with arrogance, whereas Bella looked determined.

"All right, on three. One." Jasper said.

Emmett grinned.

"Two."

Aimee shifted in anticipation.

"Three.

Emmett grunted as he threw all his weight into pushing Bella's hand, but Bella held still. Like she was putting in no effort whatsoever.

Bella grinned as Aimee cheered, and she slowly began pushing Emmett's hand lower and lower until he gave in and the rock smashed underneath him.

"I can't lie, that was hottest thing I've ever seen." Aimee said, and Jasper narrowed his eyes playfully.

"You're sure about that?" He asked, his voice low.

Aimee chewed her lip in thought, and then said, "You're right."

"Thank yo-"

"Mike's dancing was the hottest thing I've ever seen." Aimee finished.

Jasper tensed, he knew she was joking but he couldn't help it. His instincts were to fight against every threat to his mate.

"I'm joking." She laughed, kissing his cheek and turning around to see Bella destroying the boulder.

Everyone laughed and smiled, as Bella grinned, "Thank you."

Sun rays then began to cascade through the trees, and Bella immediately walked towards it, standing in the sunlight, glowing.

The Cullens all smiled at each other, until Aimee broke the peaceful moments, "We're a family of disco balls."

"I thought we went over this." Alice rolled her eyes, grinning towards her friend.

"It's true, though." Robbie chimed in, and Alice playfully hit his arm whilst Aimee nodded towards him.

"See, he gets it." She said, leaning on Jasper and settling her head on his chest. He grinned down at her.

"They didn't have to listen to your two hour theory on why we're disco balls." He said, and Aimee turned around with a gasp.

"You liked that theory!" She cried, and Jasper's mouth tilted upwards.

"Of course I did, darlin'." Jasper promised, and Aimee smiled then settled back in his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me your disco ball theory?" Emmett demanded, still acting like a sore loser from earlier.

"She hasn't told you yet?" Rosalie asked, a grin on her lips.

"No! Wait... who else has she told?" Emmett asked, watching as everyone put their hand up. "Are you kidding me!?"

Everyone laughed, and Emmett looked highly offended.

"She'll tell you one day, Em." Alice said, and before he could say anything, she added "But you won't get to know for a very long time."

Emmett kicked the remains of the boulder and started walking back to the house, Rosalie in his wake, holding Renesmee.

"Are you actually ever going to tell him?" Edward asked, his hands stuck in his pockets.

Aimee tilted her head in thought, "Nah, let it torture him a bit." 

"I heard that!" Emmett yelled from wherever he was, and the Cullens chuckled. 

Then they all headed back to the house, where life was once again peaceful and tranquil. However, they only faced one enemy; time.