Chapter 3

Eddie groaned as he opened his eyes.

"Chrissy! He's waking up!" He heard Dustin shout.

He heard footsteps and a sigh of relief from Chrissy. Eddie smiled weakly and he clutched Dustin's hand.

"I'm glad you two are safe, I had to do a lot of things to make sure it happened, to make sure we won."

"No wonder you're so unique, Eddie, you're Ten!"

Eddie chuckled. He felt a pair of hands on his arm and turned his head to see that Chrissy had held onto his arm with her soft hands.

"Hey, Cunningham, how's it humming?" Eddie murmured.

She smiled widely, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I was thinking you'd never wake up. "

Eddie held her hands delicately in his, his thumbs rubbing over her knuckles.

"Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup," Eddie whispered.

"I don't care, all I care about is that you're safe and that you saved me."

Eddie frowned, he seemed to doubt himself.

"I did?"

Chrissy nodded.

"You did, Eddie. You saved me, Patrick, and Fred. We owe you our lives, and I heard what you did for me, you played a song for me."

"I did? Yeah! I did, I remember! Chrissy, this is for you!" He bellowed as he made a motion with his hands as if he was playing the guitar.

It made Chrissy giggle, and she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him as he sat up.

"You're a badass, Eddie Munson."

"And you Chrissy Cunningham, are a total freak, staying in the upside-down just to rescue me, that was dangerous, and I can't revive you twice, Cunningham."

"You're my hero," Chrissy murmured, running a hand through his hair.

"I even gave a battle cry for you, Cunningham. So by god, I better be your hero," He joked, grinning wickedly.

"If you feel okay, they say that they might let you out early to let more injured people in."

Eddie's heart dropped to his stomach.

"What do you mean more injured people."

"Eddie, there's no good way to say this so I'll say it straight, Vecna gave us a parting gift," Dustin said.

"What kind of parting gift?"

"Just look outside," Dustin said and moved the curtains aside.

Eddie gasped as he saw the huge crack in the road just a few miles away from the hospital.

"So what exactly did he do?" Eddie asked nervously.

"We don't know, all we know is that there are four cracks in the earth that destroyed downtown Hawkins, we don't know if Vecna's still alive, although Steve's pretty adamant that he killed him. So it might be something else."

Eddie sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"What about my Uncle?"

"He's still out looking for you, we've been wanting to tell him, Eddie. But, we needed to know if you were ever gonna wake up, you almost lost a lung," Chrissy explained.

"What about Eleven?"

"She's in the room next to us with Max, she didn't do so well."

"What do you mean, is Mayfield alright?" Eddie asked worriedly.