Chapter One

" Karma is real, it balances the universe." -Ronnie Radke

The deafening silence can be heard throughout the cells, as we all lay in melancholy from what had just happened before us. The slaughter of our people. It has been 6 days since the butchering of the fae, however they chose to keep the strongest of us alive. My bloodline, or more commonly known as the Finnley bloodline. My family stretches back generations of powerful fae and rulers. Our name has been spoken for millennia . We are the rulers of the fae.

The humans had said they wished to keep us alive, as to make an example of us before their people. They wish to kill us in an execution, to make a mockery of the last of the fae. However we will not stand for this, do they really believe they can betray us and get away with no consequences. No , that is not how the world works , as the world is a cruel and  violent place , and no one will protect you only yourself. So I will do exactly that , I will protect myself. From this day forth I tell myself that I will not leave any empathy in my heard , only vengeance . As empathy led me here, laying in a cell with our population dwindled.

As we have been locked in this cell for 6 days, it has given me time to plan on how i can kill the humans . After all , what goes around comes around. They only deserve to die for trying to desolate our people and betraying our trust. The humans and fae signed a contract many centuries ago stating that we will stay neutral with one another, and of the other is is grave danger we shall help one another . Over the years humans and fae began to trust one another and it just became normal to live amongst each other. This was a stark difference to life before the treaty. Before this humans and fae lived in constant war with one another , as the humans feared us fae would try to kill them. They thought wrong,  the roles were reversed. They were the ones who did the killing.

Isn't it ironic how they are the species that pushed the existence of the treaty and they were the ones to break it. I am hardly suprised, humans have always been greedy and wished to be the top of the food chain. And the only thing standing in their way was us Fae. So they did what humans do best, they killed what they fear. For their actions they will face the consequences of the war they have unleashed, as they have started a battle that they will not win.

As the prey will never become the predator.